Is there still a SRB2 Launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twotonfox

Nightmare956 on Steam
Now I am not trying to sound n00bish or anything, but I would like to ask if there is still a SRB2 Launcher available for 2.0.5 .

Well, for me, it only works when I'm not loading any WADs. When I try to load one in, it says "srb2.srb not found!" or something like that.

If that link is the one I think it is, how is the wad loading feature broken? It always worked for me as long as the wad file was in the same folder.

Ah, I just figured it out. The launcher only works if the WAD you're trying to load is in exactly the same folder as SRB2, not just the directory. All of my WADs are in various subfolders, so of course it wouldn't work for me.

Incidentally, that problem sucks in and of itself.

Wow, yeah, that launcher's a lot better. It even looks capable of performing the duties of the broken MSLauncher! But I'm going to need mserv.dll; the one in CZ64's old link isn't valid.

Now let's go bug CZ64 to update it for 2.0. Anyway, even with mserv.dll that server listing probably won't work, since 2.0.5 introduced a new system. Anyway, it's still a much more convenient launcher than the old official one, it even lets you register alternate EXEs and scroll through them.

Ah, I just figured it out. The launcher only works if the WAD you're trying to load is in exactly the same folder as SRB2, not just the directory. All of my WADs are in various subfolders, so of course it wouldn't work for me.

Incidentally, that problem sucks in and of itself.

Here is how I solved it, just have 1 wad in the srb2 folder, add it after you add the other wads you want, then remove it, then press play.

I use the TUSL as my launcher. SRB2Net is a little outdated.

...The "Manual Perimeters" box in the SRB2Net launcher is THE SAME THING AS THE ULTIMATE SRB2 LAUNCHER.

And the only things "outdated" about NET are the color palletes (but nobody uses the Game tab) and needing to put "-opengl" in manual perimeters. And POSSIBLY Network Options, but I don't know anybody that does anything but "load wads" and "enable OpenGL" with this (except for myself, as I use it to display SRB2 in windowed mode). Everything else works just like it always did.

Last edited:
...The "Manual Perimeters" box in the SRB2Net launcher is THE SAME THING AS THE ULTIMATE SRB2 LAUNCHER.

And the only things "outdated" about NET are the color palletes (but nobody uses the Game tab) and needing to put "-opengl" in manual perimeters. And POSSIBLY Network Options, but I don't know anybody that does anything but "load wads" and "enable OpenGL" with this (except for myself, as I use it to display SRB2 in windowed mode). Everything else works just like it always did.

*parameters*

Also, I would remind you that unless you've got all your WADs in the root folder, you can't actually use the "load WADs" feature. At least, that's what happens to me.

I usually keep all my wads in the root folder. Makes it easier to keep them with their respective version of SRB2

Do this then

Make folders for all versions.
Put EXEs in version x folders
Put Launchers in version x folders

Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back