• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fanflash.cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sonicfan93

put this in a .cfg file and put it on srb2. It does a flash of sonicfan's color:

cls
color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey;
wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey;
wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey;
wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1; color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1;
color silver;
exec fanflash.cfg

Cool, huh?

Why not just...

alias greyomg "color grey; wait 1; silvomg"
alias silvomg "color silver; wait 1; greyomg"
silvomg

Whuu....

Why am I the last person to know these things? :?

Or you can do this:

alias c1 "color silver; wait 1; color grey; wait 1"
alias cp10 "cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1"
alias cpsec "cp10; cp10; cp10; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1; cp1"
alias cp10sec "cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec"
alias sf93 "cp10sec; cp10sec; cp10sec"
bind / kc
alias kc "wait 1; bind /; wait 1; setcontrol jump key0; wait 1; setcontrol jump /; wait 1; sf93; bind / kc"

That way you can stop the loop by going 30 seconds w/o pressing jump.

Does it need to be a CFG file specifically? Using a TXT will work, because it's a script :P

EDIT: Shadow Hog, your code crashes SRB2 (if you ask me, yes, I used the ALIAS one, not the BIND one). I don't know why, but both as script and typing it manually crashes. New bug discovered?

How about you do this:

Code:
alias silverswitch "color silver;wait;color grey;wait;silverswitch"
silverswitch

What's with you guys and doing all this complicated nonsense that could be utterly avoided?

shadowstar said:
Or you can do this:

alias c1 "color silver; wait 1; c2"
alias c2 "color grey"
alias cp10 "c1; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1"
alias cpsec "cp10; cp10; cp10; c1; c1; c1; c1; c1"
alias sf93 "cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec; cpsec"

bind <jump key> kc
alias kc "bind <jump key>; sf93; bind <jump key> kc"

That way you can stop the loop by going 30 seconds w/o pressing jump.

That "complicated nonsence" is actually a better way to do it, because there's a way to stop the loop if you decide you want to run another script.

Code:
alias +lol_silver "color silver;wait;color grey;wait"
alias -lol_silver "+jump;-jump;stop"

Or, if you want to do it your way:

Code:
alias -lol_silver "+lol_silver;wait 1050;stop"
+lol_silver
bind <jump_key> -lol_silver

Heh, I wish.
That wouldn't work in SRB2, because the wait command disables all others from running while it's going, and the eval command doesn't exist.
And another thing, commands and variables can't be set to others.

If SRB2 has anything *RESEMBLING* a console at ALL, it would allow for wait to be used inside of aliases. And I know it does. As for eval not existing, just multiply 35*30. Editing my script now.

I fail to see the point in your posting that, as that's exactly what I want to happen in my script. In all the games I've ever played that have a console, "wait" always defaults to 1 tic, in this case, 1/35 of a second.

Stop doesn't exist. - Sorry, I forgot to mention that earlier.
Commands only go for as long as they are.

That's why my script works and yours doesn't.

Code:
alias -lol_silver "+lol_silver;wait 1050;color grey"
+lol_silver
bind <jump_key> -lol_silver

You fail.
That script will only change your color twice every 30 seconds, that is, if using the wait command without a number even works.

Have you all even tried my idea? XD

Because thats my main reason for posting this topic! to see how you liked it!

I and many other people came up with that long before you did. It is not "your idea".

Yes, it works. :roll:
By the way, have you tried out the script I posted? I didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back