Custom music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open XWE. Go to Entry -> Load. Select the music you want to add and hit Open. Now, if your music is a MP3 or a OGG, name it O_MAPxxM, where xx is the number of the music slot you want to use. If it's a MIDI, name it D_MAPxxM, where xx is the number of the music slot you want to use. If it's anything else, you can't use it. Go to your map header and set the musicslot to whatever you set xx as. Save the file, and then play it.

Alternately, load the game, pull down the console, and type in "TUNES xx", where xx is the slot you put the music in.

Is this ok?
"PWAD
levelname = Evolution
act = 0
typeoflevel = 0
nextlevel = 0
musicslot = O_MAP01M
skynum = 0
D PWAD   O_MAP01MPWAD UNTITLED 8 O_MAP01M"
Thats everything in the WAD

Starfox91 said:
Is this ok?
"PWAD
MAP01
levelname = Evolution
act = 0
typeoflevel = 0
nextlevel = 0
musicslot = O_MAP01M
skynum = 0
D PWAD   O_MAP01MPWAD UNTITLED 8 O_MAP01M"
Thats everything in the WAD
Is the stuff you put into the header in a lump called "MAP01D"? Make sure it looks like this, too:

Code:
LEVEL 1
levelname = Evolution
act = 0
typeoflevel = 0
nextlevel = 1
musicslot = 1
skynum = 1

*Put Lumpmod, the wad, the map header, and the music file into your SRB2 folder.
*Run cmd.
*Change the directory to your SRB2 folder/directory using the cd command. >cd \Program files\SRB2
*>lumpmod the.wad add MAP01D mapheaderfile.txt
*>lumpmod the wad add O_MAP01M musicfile.mp3

Starfox91 said:
Forget it. I just can't do it. :cry:
Don't give up just quite yet. I will write a whole tutorial just for you:

Step 1: Have your level, music and MAP01D all in one WAD file, using XWE to Load the lumps into your WAD file.

Step 2: Using XWE, rename the level to MAP01 if it ins't already named that. Rename your music O_MAP01M if it is OGG or MP3, or D_MAP01M if it is MIDI. The map header for MAP01 should be named MAP01D, A441's website has all the information needed for making Map headers.

Step 3: In SRB2, press ~ (next to 1) to bring down the console. Type ADDFILE *yourwad.wad*, where *yourwad.wad* is the EXACT name of your complete WAD file. Now click New Game in Single Player and your map should work. If it doesn't, I have NO clue what could be wrong.

EDIT: Changed LOADFILE to ADDFILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back