SRB2 Heroes (Real superpower of TEAMWORK!)

I feel like such a child for squealing over this, but then again, THIS is so much better than the actual Heroes. Bravo Tripel, bravo. I don't feel like having nitpicks yet, so I'll leave it off with a good note.

In this part of seaside hill, needs some invisible barriers, so, Knuckles dont have the ability to float like Sonic Heroes game, just the glide, and its too easy to complete the levels with Knuckles´s Gliding, so, try to do Knuckles ability of Sonic Heroes game, and try to do invisible barriers on the ceiling.

EDIT: I mean... the glide of the teams, change it as Sonic Heroes, that game have a floating ability, so try to do a LUA for that. Thanks :)

bLd2zd8.png

Last edited:
Ok, you are officially the best person on the MB in my opinion as of this moment.

I do have a bug report though, when I flew up hugging the wall at the second card area, when I flew underneath the 4 of clubs card, the game registered that I was crushed for no reason.

Also I really hope you release a standalone version of the team mechanic lua to the MB.

Ok, you are officially the best person on the MB in my opinion as of this moment.

I do have a bug report though, when I flew up hugging the wall at the second card area, when I flew underneath the 4 of clubs card, the game registered that I was crushed for no reason.

Also I really hope you release a standalone version of the team mechanic lua to the MB.

Were you playing in fly formation? If so, they get crushed when the space between the floor and ceiling is too small

Will you do the wad wich has the Teams in an standalone wad? Or else i copy my wad that i downloaded then remove everything on SLADE except for the character files.

Um... Leave that up to STHE123O, or better yet, Tripel. As far as this Mod is, I believe the majority of the content must have permission to be used outside of SRB2.

Um... Leave that up to STHE123O, or better yet, Tripel. As far as this Mod is, I believe the majority of the content must have permission to be used outside of SRB2.

Yeah. The latest version seemed like a team effort. Regradless, Great work on the mod. Looking forward to any future updates

Okay, I really don't want to nitpick this... But for the Bounce/Belly Flop move... I kinda wish it would be a little more OP, as in "Knockout a wave of badniks" OP. It seems pretty underpowered, and usually, because of Heroes' logic based on Power Characters, they're supposed to handle many enemies at the same time. But to be fair, the Belly Flop/Ground Smash move from Team Rose/Chaotix are pretty worthless too, I was just hoping that the "power" could be in my hands here.

Okay, I really don't want to nitpick this... But for the Bounce/Belly Flop move... I kinda wish it would be a little more OP, as in "Knockout a wave of badniks" OP. It seems pretty underpowered, and usually, because of Heroes' logic based on Power Characters, they're supposed to handle many enemies at the same time. But to be fair, the Belly Flop/Ground Smash move from Team Rose/Chaotix are pretty worthless too, I was just hoping that the "power" could be in my hands here.

Well I dont like OP moves. They are like that so you can tell Team Sonic and Dark are "better"

Whoop, should've held off playing this for a few days when I did on Saturday

I don't feel like critiquing right now, I just want to say that this is a really nice effort. You've got an eye for worldbuilding and you're not afraid of abusing FOFs. These textures have been used plenty over the years, but you're the first to really wring cohesive scenes out of them- it's a level of detail I wish SRB2 on the whole could match.

Some really unique level design conventions too, which are cool to see in this game. You're spot on with evoking the feel of the original stages, for better or worse. Mystic Mansion is garbage but what else could it be

I LOVE this so much! The stages are very fun with the right amount of difficulty. I modified some of the scripts and changed the Heroes icons back to the old versions. Either way, this is a blast to play.

Whoop, should've held off playing this for a few days when I did on Saturday

I don't feel like critiquing right now, I just want to say that this is a really nice effort. You've got an eye for worldbuilding and you're not afraid of abusing FOFs. These textures have been used plenty over the years, but you're the first to really wring cohesive scenes out of them- it's a level of detail I wish SRB2 on the whole could match.

Some really unique level design conventions too, which are cool to see in this game. You're spot on with evoking the feel of the original stages, for better or worse. Mystic Mansion is garbage but what else could it be

Well that means a lot, thank you! Whats wrong with Mystic Mansion though? I think its the best level of the game and maybe on the mod too.

I LOVE this so much! The stages are very fun with the right amount of difficulty. I modified some of the scripts and changed the Heroes icons back to the old versions. Either way, this is a blast to play.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Whats wrong with Mystic Mansion though?
Poor theme for Sonic, ugly to look at, nothing but roundabout gimmick puzzles. In your map's case, I lost several lives to the Torture Room because I couldn't spot the exit- I wasn't even sure there was one, I wound up opening the map in an editor to see what was up. So I got through there and died and game-overed anyway, at which point I skipped the map altogether. Also: Mazes aren't fun. Bottom line, if your stage isn't 70% platforming, it's probably not a good fit for this game.

I cheated my way through Egg Fleet too with extra lives since it was so chock full of cheap deaths, like the grind rails with gaps that you can't even see unless you're in first person. Stage is way too long, and then it ends with a boss over a death pit. I've never had to cheat my way through a mod before.

I found some nitpicks

srb20018.gif

srb20017.gif

Also not shown is that you can still change formation when you beat the level.

I knew you could change formation when the level ends. So you can punch and move with Knuckles when the level is over? weird... should check it out.
And I havent even tested 2 player mode since... no one seems to use it anymore.

I have a bit of a nitpick about the update. I'm not too fond of having lightdash on the spin button. There are several times ive died, due to trying to do a spindash or rocket accel, and lightdashing into a pit...or in a direction i didnt want to go. Please change this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back