• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lost Worlds: Version 1.0 --IT'S NOT CANCELED--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expanding on darkbob1713's idea, I came up with this: Slot-Bot (Name is not final)

It would take two hits to kill. It does nothing till you hit it. After the first hit, it starts up the slot and when it ends, it will do one of seven things:

Bullet - Fires a bullet at Sonic.
Ring - Gives Sonic 10 rings.
Bomb - Self-destructs in a large explosion.
Eggman - Hurts Sonic as if he hit an Eggman box.
Blank - Does nothing.
Red Ring - Takes AWAY 10 rings.
1-up - Gives the player a life!

The robot can't be hurt again untill after it does one of the things listed above.
Thoughts?

I think the Eggman thing on the Slot-Bot it's not needed.

But I think it could clone him self. (I don't know if that's possible.)

Yeah, the Eggman thing isn't needed if you already have an explosion which would damage the player.

The cloning, however, is quite a good idea, and despite my limited knowledge of SOCcing, I'd make the claim that this would be possible.

If the robot doesn't attack you unless you hit it, what's its purpose? Unless you're player that simply likes to attack every single thing they see, I can't see a purpose for an enemy that doesn't engage you in battle unless you attack it.

The explosion will not allways hit you. It's large, but if you get far enough away, it will miss you. The Eggman head, on the other hand, is completely undodgable. As for it being useless, I was planning on it waddling towards the player. Shoulda made that clearer.

As for the cloning. No. I have other ideas for cloning... :)

This looks amazing. The enemies look spectacular, and the levels look very well-designed. Hopefully it will play just as well as how it looks.

Well, I think a better setup would be something like this:

- Award 1000 points and slot bot dies
- Award 100 points and slot bot dies
- Slot bot is unaffected. You fail.
- Slot bot calls more enemies to attack you
- Slot bot explodes in 5 seconds
- Slot bot explodes in 3 seconds
- Slot bot explodes in 1 second

Also slot bot should have 1 health and the slots should be spinning at the start.

Well, the -10 rings thing isn't final, and I was thinking about it giving air shields. As for the Eggman box, you can get a life from it, there has to be SOME risk. :P

Also, the reason I'm having it wait till you hit it is so that it won't go off out of the players site. It would be wierd to get a 1-up out of thin air.

Last edited:
If you really want the eggman box, I have an idea:

After you hit it the first time, you instantly hear the special stage fail sfx and you have about 2 seconds before you get hurt.

Yeah, I was planning on it playing that sound when it shows Bomb, Eggman, and bullet. And -10 ring, if I keep it.

Oh, and one more thing, If you want bumpers in srb2, like in your post in the suggestions topic, you could try making a thing with the boss flag that has -1 health so that It never dies and it's hurt sound would be the bumper sfx.

Slotnik:

* Moves sluggishly and shoots beams at the player (a'la Eggmobile 1)
* If attacked, it grabs on to the player and activates the slots
---*Spills rings
---*Spills small badniks
---*Launches player upward
---*Nothing happens, it backs away
---*Breaks, releasing a flicky and the usual 100 point bonus
---*Explodes, releasing ten flickies and a 1000 point bonus
* It cannot be destroyed except using the slot machine to damage it...

Cheatnik (Slotnik MkII):

* Moves sluggishly until the player is spotted, then tries to grab him
* If it is attacked the player bounces off without hurting him
* If it collides with the player, it activates the slots
---*Explodes while holding the player, damaging him
---*Spills many small badniks
---*Tosses player away (think scatter knockback)
---*Nuke! All badniks nearby are destroyed, including Bouncer, and player's rings reset to 0 without spilling

-----------------

Basically, I would imagine the standard slotnik to be like the myriad of egg capsules on flying battery (rings, flickies, enemies, bounce, or nothing) except with the added effect that it poses a *slight* threat and if you want to kill it, you have to play the odds. They should be good enough though that it is easier for the player to kill it than anything else.

The cheatnik is to the slotnik what the Flying Batter miniboss was to the earlier egg capsules, except it would be a lot more obvious these things are dangerous. Even so, its effects aren't THAT bad... spilling many badniks can be farmed for points, being tossed could get you somewhere you couldn't get otherwise, and while the nuke sends your rings to zero, it also means there are no nearby enemies. In other words the only way you really just get hurt for it with no periphery reward is if you succeed in killing him.

------------
Roller and Rollette

*A pair of badniks always together.
*Roller
---*Is depicted as a solid ball with wacky eyes
---*Rotates around Rollette
---*Hurts the player, cannot be killed
*Rollette
---*Looks like a spinning top with wacky eyes with eyelashes, except with the appearance of a roulette wheel.
---*Moves like a spinning top (slow accel, high speed until it turns)
---*Cannot actually harm the player... Roller is the main hazard
*If Rollette is killed, Roll starts glowing and spins around erratically until he blows up.

------------
Captain Blackjack

*A slightly 2-dimensional character with a suspicious resemblance to the Jack of spades. Wears an eye patch and a large pirate hat.
*Swaggers back and forth until he spots the player, then he tries to jump on the player... if he misses, he dies
*If attacked by the player, he will cause the player to bounce in the opposite direction Blackjack is facing. He can only be killed by a failed dive.

------------
Jokerzwiled

*A colorful robot that looks like clown eggman but with a rocker instead of feet
*Rocks back and forth to move (move a little forward, slightly back, little forward, etc)
*If the player gets anywhere near, pop goes the weasel! (because of this, he cannot be attacked without him going POP)
---*The head pops out and deton chases the player with SCAAAAARY NOISE
---*The body becomes a eggman-colored Cannonite and behaves the same way

------------
Cannonite

*A round ball-shaped cannon on a rocker with bright colors.
*Remains stationary even if the player comes but it will rock back and forth
*It can be killed by spindashing
*While rocking it shoots projectiles
---*Harmful sparks (disappear when hit the ground)
---*Dropped rings
---*Spikeballs (disappear like dropped rings)
---*Roller Jrs

------------
Roller Jr

*Can only be spawned by a Cannonite
*Looks like the roller, but smaller with cute baby eyes
*Spins around erratically like a loose Roller, but at a faster speed and pops without giving any points

------------
Limelite

*Looks like Stan the Salesman from Monkey Island. Completely stationary, waves arms and is always smiling. It only has one frame. (as in looking behind it and it will still look like he's talking to you)
*The hat is a jester's hat, and it spins around. From the middle is a mechanical eye that behaves quite like the monsters in Zelda.
*If the eye sees you, it shoots a laser at you a'la Zelda or THZ2 turret until it can no longer see you
*The hat can be killed, unfortunately the salesman can't... leaving you stuck with a guy that waves his hands around like an idiot.

Though I hate so say this, I've desided to give up. My goals were too high, and I simply can't do everything I wanted to do. I've already lowered the Zone count some.

However, this is not ALL bad. I have started a NEW mod...

srb20243.png

srb20244.png

Behold, Splash Garden Zone (Name isn't final), the first zone of my 2D mod! I'm planning only 5, 2 act zones, but there will still be custom enemies and stuff.

While I'm sure you all are disapointed, I feel like it was for the best.

Though I hate so say this, I've desided to give up. My goals were too high, and I simply can't do everything I wanted to do. I've already lowered the Zone count some.

However, this is not ALL bad. I have started a NEW mod...

srb20243.png

srb20244.png

Behold, Splash Garden Zone (Name isn't final), the first zone of my 2D mod! I'm planning only 5, 2 act zones, but there will still be custom enemies and stuff.

While I'm sure you all are disapointed, I feel like it was for the best.
That has to be an April Fools prank. That looks like a good Palmtree Panic though......even if it is a mock up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back