Submission Changes: Effective Jan 1, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Starting with the January/February 2010 contest, submissions will be handled through the forums. A new "Contest Submissions" subforum will be added as a subforum to this forum. It will work exactly like the "Submissions" forum for normal add-on submissions. Please use the new subforum to submit your contest entries in the future.

I think I know why, too. You don't want all those emails crowding up your inbox anymore, right? Anyway, will do.

I think the other reason is that he doesn't want constant posts saying "Did you get the updated one?" or something like that.

I think this will be much easier to deal with, since the user will know that it is in and that we have the most recent version of it.

I personally like this idea. Even though there's no reason to think this, I always worry with e-mail that it will never arrive. Stupid, I know, but what can I say? I'm an anxious guy by nature.

Well, doing things this way will make quite a few things better:

People can check on their entries any time they want. They don't have to ask me if I got their email.
I don't have to worry about their email getting caught in my spam filter (it occasionally happens)
My inbox stays cleaner
People will be able to see how many maps have been entered by viewing the topic count
People can easily edit their post to update their entries
I can post directly into their topics to give feedback before judging begins
It will make everything easier for me to organize, since I don't have to go searching through multiple emails trying to find the newest version of your map

I think it will work out pretty well, and I'm hoping that you guys will like it more than the current system. Hopefully it will make everything easier for everyone.

I personally like this idea. Even though there's no reason to think this, I always worry with e-mail that it will never arrive. Stupid, I know, but what can I say? I'm an anxious guy by nature.
Hey, I do the same thing. And, yeah, this'll make it a lot easier for everyone(mostly me), since I sent 4 emails to FuriousFox each with an updated version of my map... sorry again for that, FuriousFox.

Would you still accept valid e-mail entries, though? I'm sure there are some people who make maps but don't want to go through the hassle of registering on a forum to enter them in a contest.

Considering the voting is done on the forums, and you need an account to vote, I really don't see how that is a problem at all.

...except people who are banned or have no account on the forums.

Well, if they're banned, why should it make a difference if they can submit a map or not? They shouldn't have gotten banned in the first place. In terms of the people with no accounts, I don't see how this affects them at all.

Anyway, I personally like this idea. I know I wouldn't want all those emails crowding my inbox.

Finally.
The whole E-Mail idea reeked of 1.0 AOL connection era. It was about time it got integrated into the messageboard.

I thought part of the rules meant that you could enter even if you were banned from this place altogether. Kyasarin (formerly Chaos) entered some levels before while he was banned.

And plus, if a person isn't registered on the forums and if they won the contest, they wouldn't get that special user name color that you get when you win the contest. :P

While this would make it easier to make sure entries make it in, as people have said, banned people couldn't enter. This doesn't just go to perma-banned users, as what if a normal member wants to enter, but gets temp-banned right before the start of the contest without getting to enter his map?

I donno if it's possible, but maybe it could allow guests to post topics in it?

I donno if it's possible, but maybe it could allow guests to post topics in it?
It's entirely possible to allow it, but they wouldn't be able to see their post after they put it in. It's something to consider, though. We could also possibly waive the "no posting for banned users" rule in that forum alone.

We could also possibly waive the "no posting for banned users" rule in that forum alone.
Sounds good, as long as FuriousFox/the Admins/the Moderators are fine with sifting through a bunch of flame/troll posts that will probably come along with that to get to actual, valid, entries. Though a remedy is to only allow non-banned and temporarily banned accounts to post there, and block those with a year-long ban.
Really, when has a year-long/permanently banned user ever entered a map in OLDC without the intention of stirring up ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back