Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like Sonic Generations monitors... So if I do that it wouldn't be 2.1. But i could do it.

And, as for the missing MD2 models? Is there any possibility of including them back in the next release?

(I ask because I lost them when I replaced the old release with the "major update" :/)

Last edited:
So,if I must say(its not as if it needs more saying)these md2s rock.But...when I use the in srb2cb,the enemys and Items and things appear to be somehow messing up the other character md2s:when I use enemys and stuff,the md2s for any character but sonic suddenly turn back into sprites.I just copied th stuff from your md2dat into mine,deleting PLAY.My tails and knux md2s work fine WITHOUT any other items(besides other characters) but otherwise?Im not sure it this is my computer or what.

*deleted for rule breaking*

Anyway, the new models I downloaded are awesome! But there is one thing and I think its just my computer, Every time I download the MD2.dat (After I downloaded the newer MD2s) one other Model goes missing (EX. First the bush Md2 pops up the first time, then its gone the second time)... Im thinking its me because I wouldn't think that a error like that can happen to Lots of people... Would it?

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, but could you guys be more specific?
So far all I know is some models are not appearing, seems to be characters and caused by added objects?... All I get from that is an incorrect entry in md2.dat or an entry without a model. A way to figure thus out would be to move what models are not working to the top of the list.. Until they all stop working, then that's ur incorrect\absent entry.

Well,the md2s for tails and knuckles do not appear when I enter the object and enemy md2s.When I have ONLY character md2s,not enemys and stuff,they work fine.It has to be a problem with tails and knuckles,because it works with shadow and other addon characters.If I just take away the enemy and item md2s without changing the knux and tails md2s,they work fine.Sorry if I'm being a bad explainerer.

EDIT:Tried what you said.It didnt work.I'm sorry if I'm being a pain.If I had a full SRB2CB md2dat with all 3 character md2s installed to it that would make it work good probably.Sorry.I'm only 12 so I suck at modding the game.

Last edited:
I checked the MD2.DAT file against the contents of the MD2 folder, and the following MD2s were missing:
ALRM BUS1.MD2 TNKA TNKB SPNK JETF SPOS SHRP DSPK XMS1 XMS2
XMS3 SRBX.MD2 CHAN CEMG SORB.PNG BFLG RFLG FWR3 SNO1 CAPS
It appears that there are also some extra MD2s that MD2.DAT makes no refrence to. MD2.DAT also doesn't call a ring md2(the model is also absent). As these are the single most important items in the game, I would imagine that these would be one of the first things to go into the zip. Are the extra files supposed to be there? And shouldn't there be an FWR1 MD2 as well? But apart from that lot, the models are very, very good.

Last edited:
Thanks for that inspection. I will look into the specifics. However, I have tried to make rings, but I haven't quite figured out how to rotate them.... It's confusing with the frames.. Maybe I could try again now..

8OlzY.png
http://i.imgur.com/8OlzY.png
Any hope to bring him back? :(

Not that I want to hurry you up. Just, I'd like to know if it's possible to do so any day.

Last edited:
Thanks for that inspection. I will look into the specifics. However, I have tried to make rings, but I haven't quite figured out how to rotate them.... It's confusing with the frames.. Maybe I could try again now..
You had a BON1 md2 in your pre-reorg pack that was a ring. if you still have those packs (I kept them just in case)you could rename that md2 and its associated texture and use that.

Without spoiling anything, I should mention that you should probably not bother with anything kart related at the moment. The next release of SRB2 Riders may make it useless.

^ Thank you for replying. For a moment, I had thought I had lost the missing models altogether.

I'll wait the release. Take your time dude.

Working on rearrangement and such now, also, this...
eggmans.png

WIP, asking for advice on is anything needs a changing.

Damn, I haven't been on in forever and it was kinda exciting to look through Your MD2's! kinda like unwrapping a present? hahaha really cool! nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back