• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SASRB2 v1.1 Demo! (v1.08 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blazefire.mooglecavern.com/sasrb2/sasrb2_demo.exe - 8.7mb

UPDATE: Includes 1.08 update! And I changed a palmtree sprite! Whoopee!

Despite the Readme saying you need SRB2 FD1.1 installed, you don't. When you install this, USE THE CUSTOM "demolauncher.exe" and use the "No FD1.1" option. When FD1.1 comes out (whenever that is ;)), you won't have to use "No FD1.1", but for now -- use it, it's the only way to get SASRB2 to work. Additionally, only use "No FD1.1" with SASRB2.

This demo provides all of GFZ. Act 1, 2, and 3. I've also included all the textures; so you can go ahead and do "map map04" and continue playing - but in doing so, you won't be getting my customized maps. (It'll just be the regular SRB2 maps with my new textures)

It's worth noting -- Changes:

- Tons of new textures everywhere.
- Maps are altered.
- Blue Crawlas are a lot faster. (I'm thinking of changing their sprites, is why)
- Red Crawlas shoot at you.
- Red Crawlas are slower.
- Jetty-Syn Gunners now fire Missles at you.
- Any sprite I thought was "ugly" probably got changed. (and if not, I'll change it eventually)
- Voices! From SA, the "Ouch!" "Auuuugh!" sounds. JP voices included.
- Eggman changed to fire chaingun fire.
- Eggman takes 9 hits to take down.
- Eggman is faster.
- Eggman also has voices. ("Get a load of this!" and "Till we meet again! Muahahah!")
- Brand new opening cutscene detailing the new storyline (which is strangely similiar to Sonic Heroes -- unintentional. I wrote my storyline before I knew of Heroes storyline).
- Musical changes (Speed Shoes/Invincibility/Round Clear/Charselect)
- Characters handle slightly different. (Tails is a tiny bit faster for instance)
- Detons now detect the players distance -- they only attack if you get too close. (I just added this, so by the time the final is released it'll be widened)
- Item bubbles work like item bubbles, with sound effects and everything.
- More I'm probably forgetting.

Mmmmm... One suggestion... Please, make switchable the analogic mode, it´s annoying to turn it off every time you lose a life or you pass an act... :?

But hey! It´s really cool!!! Great job! n_n I like it so much :P And I have seen some things that will be for SRB2 FD1.1... Like that Sonic Golf or things like that... Won´t they?

Mmmmm... In the bridge near the first emerald token, under it, there is some floor higher than the rest, but you can walk through it... You can see the floor and the wall, but it´s like it wasn´t there :P

There's also a problem with it. I can't open the game..it says "R_AddSkins: Unkown keyword 'prefcolor' in S_Skin lump #0 (WAD satails.plr)" What does that mean?

Screenshot? :P

Oh and Jaeson pointed out -- don't hit the bustable block in GFZ1 or you'll sigsegv SRB2. =P I could fix it, by adding in a few more sprites I forgot, but they'll be in SRB2 1.1, and I usually ignore that spot anyway.

Thanks. I should have figured that out myself.
Now I'd like to know the button for the ring dash. It used to be the ctrl button, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. :?

There is a new button in the controlls menu called light dash, it's not just ring throw anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back