• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dumbventure ...TOO!? El Papero Mareio - *In English! - Progress Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure he's making them himself. I'd be pretty amazed if there is a sprite of that blue floaty Sonic 3(/2?) enemy in Paper Mario.

You're thinking of Bubbles from Sonic 3.

On topic, I'm terrified of these hammer bros. Certainly looking forward to their placements.

Starting to think this project is way too high quality and effort ridden to be a true sequel to Dumbventure.

0/10 professional critic review

Were you gotting these great sprites because there's no hammer bro and green unfriendly koopa on sprites resourse....

Nah, just edits of the normal Hammer Bro and Red Koopa. Heck, the Green Koopa was just recolored in SLADE, its real easy.

Anywhos, update!

DeliciousDecentApatosaur.gif

Hammer blocks. I'll probably make a sign or something to make it more obvious for those that never played the games, and that crumble sprite has gotta go, but hey! In the main game, there may be a situation or two where you lack your hammer, and can't get through these... By yourself, anyway.

ShoddyImaginativeBushbaby.gif

Speaking of unintentionally helpful Hammer Bros, they can hit other foes too!

FatalCrazyFennecfox.gif

It's more a silly thing, but you can get a Bro to beat these guys and get points for them!

Wow, this is turning out quite nicely! I love the whole idea of Hammer Bros. being able to break the blocks for you, because that could lead to some super duper secret areas.

Were you gotting these great sprites because there's no hammer bro and green unfriendly koopa on sprites resourse....

Dude, is there any problem with that? How about you make a wad and draw every little sprite and texture you use in it and make the wad itself as huge of a project as this one?

Dude, is there any problem with that? How about you make a wad and draw every little sprite and texture you use in it and make the wad itself as huge of a project as this one?

Yikes, what's with the hostility? He was asking a simple question.

I think you completely misunderstood what he meant. He's asking where he got the sprites, because they aren't on Spriter's Resource

Man, when's the last time I brought up something new? Too long, that's what.

IdioticWeightyGrouse.gif

The P-Switch, and Silver Coins! Silver Coins are intangible and invisible until you hit the P-Switch. You got 10 seconds to grab them! They also give you 100 points each. Due to SRB2's score attack being pretty neat, I started supporting it a little more, as items and coins give you points. Coins only give 10 compared to the 100 they usually provide, for the sake of balance, making Silver Coins more valuable in Score Attack.

While I doubt this is a problem for anyone else, I have a hard time recognizing the coin icon in the HUD as a coin icon. With the purple background and the dark shade on the left, it looks more like a Waluigi symbol than a coin.

Man, when's the last time I brought up something new? Too long, that's what.

IdioticWeightyGrouse.gif

The P-Switch, and Silver Coins! Silver Coins are intangible and invisible until you hit the P-Switch. You got 10 seconds to grab them! They also give you 100 points each. Due to SRB2's score attack being pretty neat, I started supporting it a little more, as items and coins give you points. Coins only give 10 compared to the 100 they usually provide, for the sake of balance, making Silver Coins more valuable in Score Attack.
Hey D00D64 could you make a grey P-switch that makes enemies turn into silver coins?

Does the switch work if you jump on it or does it only active by hammer-ing it?

Hey D00D64 could you make a grey P-switch that makes enemies turn into silver coins?

Oh I could, but I'm not going to.

The Silver Coins in Super Mario World act far differently from the traditional silver coins. They add to their own combo meter that ultimately grants a 1up and works by getting a foe onscreen during the Silver P-Switch time, and only to certain foes. What I could do is make a big fat hitbox pursue Mareio when he hits the P-Switch, making it turn enemies into silver coins, and make it return false for things that should be immune.

However, not only would this mean making a second kind of silver coin with its own combo system, it also amounts to "wait why couldn't you just give the player the Starman?" I don't even remember that many places that used the Silver P-Switch, the only one that immediately comes to mind is the one star world stage where Lakitu throws spiny eggs and hitting the P-Switch at the right time nets you some lives in the end. But even then, I don't see much reason to put so much effort into something so unnecessary with a Starman around.

...Oh, right, I never brought up the Starman!

MadeupLankyHarpseal.gif

I asked Jay for his Rainbow Star stuff and he let me take it for the mod. The Starman not only instantly kills normal enemies no matter how much health they have (Koopas technically have 2HP), and your combo time is constantly locked at max until the star power fades away, allowing you to land those super and ultra combos for lots of points and potential lives! I'll probably replace the combo text with images later down the line, its a little hard to read. Oh, and it won't save you of pits of any kind, not even the non-bottomless Nibbles-infested waters. So yeah, don't fall in.

Does the switch work if you jump on it or does it only active by hammer-ing it?

Only by hammering. Attempting to jump on it makes you stand on it.

Last edited:
Then it could be good to put one of those P-Switch near the start of the level if the hammer has to be found before you can use it, like in previous Paper Mare- I mean Mario games. They could also be used in the same way to reveal hidden doors for bonuses and/or an alternate path or something.

There's actually one at the very first part of the level, with a sign saying how you could use your hammer on things your jump can't take care of, and vice versa. Unless you know the sequence break tricks (which I kept in and expanded on for speedruners), you can't miss it.

Didn't check the topic for 2 days, wow so many updates. Is this "paper mario mode" getting released later on(so people can make custom levels for it) and is mario a custom character wad or replacing the default sonic ?

Didn't check the topic for 2 days, wow so many updates. Is this "paper mario mode" getting released later on(so people can make custom levels for it) and is mario a custom character wad or replacing the default sonic ?

This is just a mod known as Dumbventure ...TOO!? El Papero Mareio that I think will be in a future OLDC but I could be wrong about the OLDC part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back