LOZ: Phantom Hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got it today, and it's not very good. It has gimmicks that took me a long time to figure out, a lazy sword system, and some parts where you have to have to wait a long time to move 2 inches. It's boring, repetitive, and cluncky. I'd give it a 2/5

It's not extremely good, but it could be worse. I don't find myself wishing I hadn't bought it. There are some annoying issues though.

The game could definitely do with less forced DS gimmicks like blowing into the mic or shouting at some in-game character. People generally play handheld games in public places, that's the real advantage of being handheld, and doing that kind of stuff in public makes you look like an idiot.

Another thing that irks me is the fact that the whole map is more or less unlocked as you enter dungeon, effectively taking away from most of the exploratory experience. And for that matter, the dungeons are too short and simple, even for being in the beginning of the game. In some places it seems like this game was an experiment in making a completely idiot-proof Zelda adventure.

I haven't finished it yet, but the game itself seems to not be as disappointingly short as Minish Cap was with its grand total of four dungeons. The bosses have been the high point so far, but they're not nearly as challenging as previous entries in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back