Project GIF: Changing srb2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
That idea'd be like danmaku, but trying to instead dodge eyerape. Not fun, even for the touhou lovers around here.

You only need the walking frames on the wiki - namely, the part where the wiki explains how to make character wads.

Not to mention there's no need to randomly include PS3 HUEG images that restrict navigation on portable devices. Especially when the regular images work fine.

There's a reason that a lot of little kids websites have "cool" moving images. The same reason a lot of people host SRB2 with emeraldstart mods and respawnitemtime 1 with forceskin [anyone]. (or say lag when it's obvious it's lagged (dedicated servers sometimes don't count on this rule) or hate recyclers, or r-*railed by the Troper Police for Author Filibusters*)

tl;dr: bad idea newtard lrn2intertube

Except that doesn't gain you anything whatsoever. The still images get the point across just as well as an animated one does, AND it doesn't reek of late-'90s web design. Even most professional websites don't rely on animated images everywhere - outside, perhaps, of transitions from one "page" to another, particularly on Flash-based pages - instead opting for static images.

Really no rhyme or reason behind this. In short, I refer you to the dancing letters above.

I will admit, those dancing letters were really cool. But I still think that the walking animations should be 'gif'ted and the weapon rings descriptions should be preceded by a gif of their rotations.

why stop at gifs?

why not turn the whole site into a flash-based tour of greenflower zone, where you can interact with specially placed monitors to learn more about the game?

and when you get to RedXVI's old house, you'll find the link to the forum!

Nice, Charyb...

But just a little thing.

Why are you and Red Echidna refering to a trashed and dead character?

AND WHY WOULD IT BE ON SRB2.ORG?

Well, that's it.

Ya know, he could just go to Aerial Garden Zone and live there for eterni-- *BONK!!!*

That said, I liek RedEchidna's idea. In fact, I believe all of us would liek it![/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back