Official Time Attack Records (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I always kind of figured you could save a second or two in the second half of CEZ1 near the sneaker box if you did it right. I've reached that water vent in under 36 seconds with spindashfly tactics. Towards the end, I know that if you can get into the air before the sneaker effect runs out you can save some time there.

But six seconds? Eh, whatever. The name of the game is Time Attack. I still have ERZ1, unless someone wants to go and cream that time too *shrugs*

Nice work on ERZ2, though that time can obviously be improved in a fair few places. A perfect ERZ2 run like that might go for 4:15, maybe even 4:10.

I finally completed Special Stage 1 with Tails with a recordable demo, cos nobody else did. Yeah, the run sucks, but it's filler, like Mystic's NAGZ playthrough. Find it here.

I remember when I used to have the records for Red Volcano Zone. Then came tailsmastermind... Gah! You just love destroying "my" level! One of these days I'll pass your record!
Don't take me as an irate loser. I'm actually enjoying the competition.

That's what's good about competition. And either way, taking out the fact that I'm a small bit "mad" about being beaten, I still respect you. Much as I do other speedrunners here.

Either way, I think I'll redo Red Volcano Zone act 1 as Knuckles. Not to create competition or... whatever, but I really think that that run I made needs work.

I was wondering... Should we add a Time Attack Records page to the Wiki? Using the table system and such, adding the official times would be easy. I suggest this mostly because Spazzo quited his job in keeping the records updated, and there have been 2 more updates, both abandoned as well. At least in the wiki, anyone can update the records when needed, and they're easy to access. Right now, I'm not sure in which post the times are.
Of course, anyone could be able to vandalize and say that they have a new record, but basically, the table must need the level, author, and video columns. This way, if someone vandalizes, it can only be official if a video is present (being the video in graphic format, or lump record file).

TL;DR: Time Attack Records page on the Wiki. Yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back