• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Contributing to SRB2 via GitHub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Hello everyone! Once more I bring new useful information for programmers everywhere,

I have written a guide on the wiki on using Git and GitHub, and contributing code to SRB2.

SRB2 is licensed under the GNU General Public License, v2 (more importantly, Doom itself and all derivatives are). This means that SRB2 is an open source project, which we publish the code publicly for all versions. You can help develop SRB2 or build your mods based on the code! We accept changes in the form of Pull Requests on GitHub, which is why I have gone and written this guide for coders who haven't used it before.

On the more scary legal side of things, any code modifications that you distribute publicly must be accompanied by your source code. This is a legal obligation in the GPLv2 license set by the original Doom GPL source release. Don't violate the license or id software technically can sue you!

This guide is accompanied by the CMake guide I added to the Source code compiling page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back