Should Super Forms be in Single Player/Coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above post summarizes the argument completely. There are two opinions here:

A. Sonic should be the only character with Super to keep Super "special".
B. Super forms should be given out to everyone.

The current design philosophy in SRB2 is A. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but let's give the Looney Tunes "Rabbit season; duck season; rabbit season; duck season" argument a rest unless you have something new to add.

I like to think that there's some maneuvering room to give Tails and Knuckles nerfed Super forms. Like S&K, Knuckles' form was simply the ability to run as if he had speed shoes, and invulnerability.

Actually, if Super Knuckles glided fast enough into a wall, it would destroy all enemies on screen, IIRC.

I don't think we should give Tails and Knuckles Super forms at all. They're overpowered as it is, and getting all seven Emeralds won't be a challenge for them.

Oh god, Tails and Knuckles are NOT overpowered. Sure, they can fly, glide and climb to reach area's that Sonic can't but they are in no way overpowered. Like I said they are not overpowered, they can just use their abilities to get through levels faster and reach certain special areas. Geez, what's the big deal with that?

I don't think anyone can deny that using Tails and Knuckles in single player is equivalent to "easy mode" in SRB2. They can ignore half of the obstacles in the game.

Nah, Knuckles isn't that easy in some areas. I'd say he's only slightly easier than Sonic.
As I said, he can ignore _half_ the obstacles in the game. There are plenty of areas, especially in ERZ, where being Tails/Knuckles don't help you. There are plenty of other areas where you get to completely remove the challenge from the room by flight. While we've sorta fixed this in 2.0, a lot of areas still are very, very easy when you can fly/glide.

^Like ARZ... Though, you guys intended that.

Now to think of it, it doesn't really matter if characters have super forms. Just go to character select and have fun. :D

Well, Knuckles is equilevant (?) to normal because of his lower jump heigth, Tails is easy mode because of flying and Sonic is of course the hard one because he can't do a thing with the air like Tails and Knux do and is harder to control.

I got help from 2 friends about it, here is what we were talking:

Ground says:

michael, if there was a sonic fan game that you could make a custom character but only sonic could turn super, you would be sad, right?

Michael says:

elaborate

Ground says:

would you have a good reason to have super forms for another characters instead of just sonic?

Michael says:

i would

Ground says:

what would you say about it?

Michael says:

Super forms in the sonic universe as far as rom hacks go make the game more fun.
makes you want to play
it give you a certain feeling
an elation like feeling

Sonicboy says:

a sonic game without superform is like grilled cheese without the cheese

Michael says:

yup

Ground says:

and what if a child say "Just Sonic should have super form because his super form would make him more unique", what would you object?

Michael says:

My son has done it yet again.
That's a steriotype.
If you give your fanchar the ability to use the chaos emeralds
they should be able to use the emeralds just like sonic
in their own way

Sonicboy says:

like overpowered
or

Michael says:

maybe limited power
depends on what your character can do
and cant do

Sonicboy says:

just a little better than normal

I really like the super form idea, it would make super characters actually different, but with a limit, so custom characters could be different from Super Sonic and Sonic would still be unique, like my friend Usuario the Hedgehog said for someone like Tails and Knuckles:

"Pressing the spin button while flying gives Tails a small boost that only lasts 1 second, a bit of more fly energy and disallows flying up that second and can only be done once per flight"
"Knuckles and the Glide and Climb ability would have..."
"Fast as Sonic, a bit faster gliding/climbing"
"And if the spin button is pressed while gliding, Knuckles will spin and get a small jump like a normal jump"
"The disadvantage?It lowers gliding/climbing speed and can only be used once"

See? Super forms can be useful and improved in such different ways without being overpowered

I would like to reiterate my previous statement that SP super forms should be an option in pandora's box.

Also, the entire argument of "makes Sonic unique" doesn't make sense to me. I don't think super form is as special as everyone in this thread would like to believe. I view it as a new way to play old levels. I am thoroughly disappointed every time I turn super accidentally in a new level I haven't already conquered. But, equally, I am kinda disappointed because I can't play old levels in a new way with Tails and Knuckles. The emerald token at the beginning of NSZ1 is the only thing that keeps me sane because I've already played the level to death when building it.

Although, it seems like the defending party in the argument are Sonic players trying to hold their claim on super forms and the other side are Tails and Knux users who are trying to remove that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back