Dedicated server help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Does not use Sonic.
Sure, I can host a dedicated server just fine, but my problem is, how do I join my own ded serv? I have ports 5029 and 5030 forwarded on UDP (As the manual says) but is there a special trick to it? Like hosting on 5030? Cos doing this will be handy. I know it's not connect self not working, because I tried connecting to my IP. Do I need to connect to my internal IP? Thanks in advance.

You need two computers to join your own dedicated server. One to host it, and the other to join it.

No you don't, Chrome.

Host on 5029 as a dedicated server, as per usual, then use
Code:
srb2win.exe -clientport 5030

This changes your client's connection port to 5030 and will allow you to join your own game. I use it quite often for testing so I can have three SRB2 instances going at once. :)

How 3? Just keep changing the port, you could have 10 instances running as long as they're on different ports (5031, 5032, etc).

Cue said:
No you don't, Chrome.

Host on 5029 as a dedicated server, as per usual, then use
Code:
srb2win.exe -clientport 5030

This changes your client's connection port to 5030 and will allow you to join your own game. I use it quite often for testing so I can have three SRB2 instances going at once. :)

How 3? Just keep changing the port, you could have 10 instances running as long as they're on different ports (5031, 5032, etc).

I thought that at first. I just needed confirmation. Thanks, Cue.

EDIT: Sorry to bug you all, but after looking at the wiki, I can't find the command (line or console) to make it not eat all of a single CPU. I think it was cpusleep or something, but... (Hopefully you won't make me look like an idiot here)

Sonei, either use the SRB2Net launcher, and in manual parameters use
-clientport xxxx (xxxx being said port you want to use)
or change the target of SRB2 to
-clientport xxxx (same as above)

You did bump a topic that's several months old though... But if you have any questions, refer to the wiki. I linked it specifically to the article I rewrote on dedicated servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back