Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Well guys, I guess it's time for me to point out my gripe with SRB2. It's the freaking thokkers. I'm fairly certain that in the classics, which this game is based off of, Sonic didn't jump and air-dash like a retard, and if he did, it only got him to max speed. I actually enjoyed just running on foot more than I do thokking 'cause that's how Sonic the Hedgehog was. I know we have match mode where thokking becomes a must to survive, but in race and coop, I'm just not seeing it, especially in race where Sonic was the best on his feet, but now it's just thokking to the rad-awesome MAX.

So yeah. WTF?

Yeah, but there was spin dash in adventure, which was better than thok, and you eventually ran out onto friggin' feet.

Chaos said:
Um, have you ever heard of Jump Dash?

Anyways, Thok did the same in Sawniks Adventure.

But doing it seriously slowed Sonic down. Not to mention that it's not part of the classic Sonic series anyways. What's your point?

You can do the dash thing in Sonic 3 with a shield.
Thokkers should only be able to do it with fire shields.

Well how about this? Just add a code or two to the shields that give them special powers, like fire is thok, water is bounce, wind is... wind, and magnetic...is something.

Kayasakado (or whatever) was tinkering around with an EXE that did that, only he didn't get too far.

Kinda late to suggest that anyway, as the three elemental shields are getting replaced by the old green shield.

Thokking is perfectly fine in Match or CTF, for it adds an extra layer of control and gameplay.

Now, as you said about Circuit and Race, those modes can turn into a thok-a-thon, and boy, does it make my fingers sore.

So I do one thing... I don't play those game modes.

See, here's my thought. Give Tails and Knuckles and Sonic a same speed thok you press with the spindash button, and give Sonic some other less irratating ability, such as a bounce or something. This way people can play Knuckles and Tails in match as their favorite character, instead of playing only Sonic because Sonic has thok, and the other abilities are ick.

Thoking being a major advantage in coop/race is the level's fault, not the character. If the stages were more interesting and had more depth, this wouldn't be a problem.

And FYI, thoking isn't very fast when compared to certain other methods of travel. Get over yourself.

I,personaly,could have found the game better if ya,sonic could go at super speed when you run for a long time AND if the thok dont make you go faster,if the thok could make make you run at your fastest speed on feet,well it could be ok.

sonic is the -----> Fastest thing on earth...not on air.

But dont think i dont love this game,way better then lot of reel game

The only person I've ever seen who'd want or try to use a wad that disables a players ability to their suprise just
so they can win was some major noob on the MS that everyone hated, he was called TimberWolf, and he forceskin'd everybody
to tails, and then suddenly used speed shoes power ups to beat me at the last second, isn't that the same as using a
secondary function that makes you go faster, like thokk?

Also he was even going to take someones wad that someone
made that makes you shoot downwards to the ground when you try to thokk, all these methods, simply a pathetic noob
who whines that he can't win because he's tails and doesn't bother to be sonic or thokk, that desperatly disables other
players to his levels, dispite how they want to play, which is why I see all these techniques in this thread to stop thokking just
as pathetic.

Don't see the problem at all, thokking takes skill to not accidently send yourself flying into a corner of a wall, taking off
like 5-10 seconds of your time, takes a lot more skill then just running normally in which you can't really crash much
at all unless you're not a very good player.

Basically, thokking takes skill, its not easy and cheap, its using sonic's second mode just like some people use knuckle's
wall climb in the electric race stage, and you should try using it too, hard at first, but it makes the race stages tense, and its
about wether you have the right angle when you thokk, and not doing it so recklessly hitting every wall, it takes skill.

Its not our fault if people (not you) who play as tails and can't even run in a straight line and are constantly running slowly
left and right into walls, and people who play as sonic and don't bother using his secondary function complain at us, if you
want to use something that takes less skill to use and control and is slower then that's your problem.

Uh, levels play a large part in the advantages and disadvantages of flying or gliding as opposed to thokking. That's not to say that you should make a level that relies on bottomless pits as obstacles. Rather, make shortcuts that give Knux or Tails an advantage.

Anybody remember Tier?

Oh yeah, Tier was awesome. Back then, I was a Tails player, so I pooned the unsuspecting Sonics with my SUBER UBER SHORTCUT!111oneone*shot*

Anyways...
BlueZero4 said:
Kayasakado (or whatever) was tinkering around with an EXE that did that, only he didn't get too far.
Yeah, I'm think of starting it back up sicne I know more about EXE modding.

Kaysakado said:
Oh yeah, Tier was awesome. Back then, I was a Tails player, so I pooned the unsuspecting Sonics with my SUBER UBER SHORTCUT!111oneone*shot*

What you and bluezero said also supports why thokking is fine, some levels have sections that have shortcuts that tails and knuckles can use to win against people who are sonic.

And I'm against the whole "ZOMFG THOKKING NEED SKILL" argument being brought up since that isn't what this topic was about. What this was about was that Sonic was fun to play on foot. This is why I made, rather uncontrollable by the way, which Sonic also seems to be, mach.soc which I won't and never will release on this forum. I like the oc because it makes players fast, and it gives me a level design concept to work with: long runs, because such runs can be done in short time with mach.soc, and a lot of people complain about running?

Fuck thokking. Sonic is supposed to be the fastest runner alive. Not in the damned air, As knucky said. Why should we have to adjust ourselves to your playing style if we want to enjoy ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back