Is possible to run SRB2 with Direct 3D render?

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2win.exe -d3d
Use Direct3D renderer. Unfortunately, the file r_d3d.dll, which is required to run this, is not included.
I've found r_d3d.dll and binkw32.dll. If i run SRB2 with D3D, it'll show an error:
The 'r_d3d.dll" haven't the good specification (function _Int@4 missing). Error Initializating Direct 3D.
Is it possible to run 1.09.4 in D3D?
Will it be supported in 1.1?

The r_d3d.dll isn't the same one used normally. In SRB2 it is almost identical to the equivelant DLL used by OpenGL mode, but with Direct3D calls instead of OpenGL calls.

I've been trying to figure out where to get that dll myself actually.

Draykon said:
The r_d3d.dll isn't the same one used normally. In SRB2 it is almost identical to the equivelant DLL used by OpenGL mode, but with Direct3D calls instead of OpenGL calls.

Very close, it's r_opengl.dll, with a opengl to D3D wrapper, merged into 1 file. The wraper made froma old version of MESA3D with a direct 6.1 driver that
SciTech committed long ago, when SciTech started making GLDirect, but it works very badly compared GLdirect itself.

Wow!

So it runs OGL instead of D3D, isn't it?
But i need clean D3D, not OGL because it doesn't work propertly with Windows Vista(don't ask to delete it or change to XP). Coronas are very laggy for me...

Re: Wow!

Vlad Freeman said:
So it runs OGL instead of D3D, isn't it?
But i need clean D3D, not OGL because it doesn't work propertly with Windows Vista(don't ask to delete it or change to XP). Coronas are very laggy for me...

Logan_GBA said:
it's r_opengl.dll, with a opengl to D3D wrapper

I don't get what is so hard to understand?

Me said:
Microsoft decided to destroy OpenGL in Windows Vista by instead of making it run natively, emulate it through Direct3D (effectively making Direct3D a wrapper for OpenGL).

No, due to public outcry, OpenGL is supported natively alongside Direct3D in Vista. So there is no speed decrease.

You could, but why would you want it?

People don't seem to understand that Direct3D and OpenGL are just different APIs to the hardware.

I.e., a program written in C looks like:

printf("Hello world!\n");

While in BASIC it looks like:

PRINT "Hello world!"

But you get the same result!

I'd kinda like it, just to test and see if SOCced coronas look right. (If I understand right, Direct3D mode would be exactly like OpenGL mode) Among other OpenGL only features. (For whatever reason, OpenGL crashes my computer, but I can handle Direct3D fine. In other games that is)

Kaysakado,
10 PRINT "Hello world!"
and
PRINT "Hello world!"
both work. One just has the label and one doesn't.
(In Q basic at least. Or if you want the Blitz Basic version:
Text 1,1,"Hello world!"
You get the point.)

Anyway, I have the same D3d OGL problem. My PC is slow, so I cannot run OGL because it requires more processor power, because (From what I can gather) it doesn't require a 3d card but D3d does. So there is a difference. (at least with my programs. ) So ya, I want a way to run SRB2 in D3d because it looks cooler in OGL mode. Software just can't measure up. (not-so-blocky-sprites, brighter and smother worlds etc.)

I love blitz, I've made many a game with it. I especially love it's simple network commands.

Re: Wow!

Vlad Freeman said:

Sounds like an issue with your hardware, not Vista itself. I run Vista myself, and have no problems at all with SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back