• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Yacker occasionally does things

Yacker

Metallic
Anyone remember SRB2 Riders?
IdioticThatHawaiianmonkseal.gif

DentalShadowyFreshwatereel.gif

I remember.
*HUD is incomplete

Disclaimer: level and art entirely courtesy of the original Riders team and ported by Sapheros. lua was made entirely from scratch, however.
Final release probably won't feature the original levels or sprites.

Bonus:
mEmOSIG.png

Preview of a remake of Metal City Tripel The Fox is working on for this!

I'm so glad my shitty ass port is getting a proper fresh coat of paint, wish the best of luck to you! If there are any lua assets you'd like to use from my bad port, shoot out a PM!

Last edited:
Oh my god, that looks amazing with the new slopes and rails! I would suggest lowering the trick ranking though, it gets in the way of the hud.

The Metal City remake had me off guard. It reminds me how CZ64 was just about to start remaking it entirely, before the project got on hold forever.

Still, this fills me with joy, and I hope this keeps going.

Wow, pretty good, this is gonna be quite update for Srb2 riders, Metal City looks great, oh and the rails look nice, glad there are going to be proper rails for grinding!

HonorableWeeklyDarklingbeetle.gif

Now, custom flight! This brings just about every custom system complete, aside from some stage specific stuff and the HUD. From here, the biggest roadblocks to release are simply the maps. That isn't to say there isn't more to come on the Lua side, however...

I always loved Srb2 Riders, as well as the Riders game itself. You have my full support man, I am very interested in how this turns out.

The metal city remake looks wonderful!

Also for Sonic's trick animation or trick animations in general... can you try and speed them up? They look REALLY slow right now.

Wow... I can't wait to see how this turns out, seeing how I missed the old SRB2Riders.

Don't know if this is still being updated. If it is, I would love to see how it turns out, but it... has been a while since we have gotten any news of this.

https://gfycat.com/ImpressionableDecisiveBagworm

Yeah, I've been silent for a long time. Development HAS been progressing though...albeit slowly. So I might as well show off the newest features.

The zoom tube-esque gimmicks from Riders are now properly implemented, instead of just being zoom tubes. I've also done away with the Mario Kart style drifting SRB2 riders has always had and replaced it with something a little bit more faithful to the source material. It's not perfectly accurate, but it's better than what was there before, I think.

Well, although I couldn't get that to load (damn connection...) I could see a few things:

I like the visible speed.
I dunno if you're planning on doing this, but the score/time/ring his seems off, since time has a gray background and the others don't.

The only other problem I could see is the alignment of textures being off, but I'm just a bit picky about it, so it's nothig major.

I know the HUD is still a WIP, especially as for now the Rank covers over that, but shouldn't there also be like, a Level indicator and/or a grey bar which shows the maximum Air capacity of the Gear?

Also, nice use of what looks like a skybox.

https://gfycat.com/WaterloggedGroundedHochstettersfrog

The HUD is incomplete no more! I put a lot of effort into recreating most of the nuances of Sonic Riders' HUD here. The drifting physics have also been finalized; basically, the faster you go, the more momentum you retain during a drift. Like in Sonic Riders, when you let go of your drift, your momentum is instantly shifted in the direction you're facing. This will dramatically change how you approach turns depending on your speed.

Nice! Obviously, the 'real' time of each track would be 8 seconds less than the in-game time from what I saw. But I love it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back