Nodesbuilder Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Steven Duda
On SRB2 Doom Builder When I check a map for errors, it says there are none, but when I go to build the nodes it says error and see if there is any errors in the map, but Doom Builder said there where none. I used ZenNode and zdbsp and both don't work here is my configurations for ZenNode

1.jpg

uh, could someone help me?

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

uh, anyone know how to solve this?

Whoa, whoa, calm down, steven. It takes time for people to respond.

Anyway, can you be a little more specific? Maybe describe the error you're getting?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mm4ggdmnkj

This was in the ODLC contest. I'm trying to export the map by SonicMaster, Overheated Zone. Map number A7. I just want the map by itself, not with the other ODLC maps. I just want it for my own personal use. Not upload it and say it mine. SonicMaster made it.

Well, with that bit of information, I can tell you the problem without even looking at the wad. Zennode can only build the nodes for MAP01-MAP99. It cannot build the nodes for MAPA0-MAPZZ. The extended map numbers were something that were added in 1.08, and are not supported by any other DooM mods. Since Zennode was deisgned for DooM, it does not recognize the extended map numbers.

In order to fix this, move the map to MAP01 and try rebuilding the nodes. It should work just fine.

Also, in the future, please do not repeatedly post asking for help. This is a forum, not a chatroom. It's going to take a little while for people to answer.

Last edited:
Then you must have built the nodes, then moved it to that map number. Either that or you're using a different nodesbuilder.

ok, I tried changing the map number to map01 and ZenNode,Modified ZenNode and it didn't work, it gave me the same error. I checked the map for errors and it said need more mulitplayer starts. I added players 1-32 spawnpoints and it still said I need mulitplayer starts.

Maybe that's because it said multiplayer starts and you put in single player starts? :7

No, you need to put in Match Spawn Points. Those are different from Single Player Starts, and must be included for a match map to run properly.

However, I don't think that can possibly be the root of your problem, as Things aren't part of nodebuilding. Can you give us a WAD of just that one map, so we can see?

Not having starts shouldn't cause nodesbuilder problems.

Are you sure you have zennode in the right folder? Check and make sure it's in the right place.

Can you give us a WAD of just that one map, so we can see?

I'm trying to get the map by itself but it has to build nodes first.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Not having starts shouldn't cause nodesbuilder problems.

Are you sure you have zennode in the right folder? Check and make sure it's in the right place.

Its suppode to go into the same foulder a SRB2 Doom Builder right?

The way I would take a map out of a WAD is by opening up my lump editor (XWE or SLumpEd, I prefer SLumpEd), making a copy of the WAD file, and deleting all the other lumps except for the necessary map lumps and the MAINCFG in that new copy. Then, of course, to convert it to 2.0.4's format, I would use lvlconv.exe on the new file.

Also, FuriousFox, ZenNode (as packaged with SRB2DB) most certainly does built nodes on maps above MAP99 without having to change the map number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back