Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the circle pad is an issue. That was the least of my problems with the controls. It was all down to the shoulder buttons and the A/B/X/Y button placement on the 3DS. It's just weird.

For me, I don't see a problem with the controls. But I'm more used to the Wiimote's d - pad movements (despite my playing the previous titles).

The only thing that is a problem for me, but not the fault of the game, is that my 3ds' left trigger is somewhat broken.

I can see where someone can mistake this for Super Smash Bros. cause all of the Nintendo characters. I thought it was Smash Bros. as well.

I concur. Those costumes are absolutely amazing. They'd be amazing as cross-promotional DLC once the Wii U version launches, especially as a pre-order incentive or something like that.

Can't blame you for thinking that. It's probably because I assume you don't speak Japanese, so whatever that commercial really said is lost on us. It looks like the new system has interchangeable plates or something, but I digress.

We should definitely set up a small little tourney for fun a little while after the game is out. Could be cool.

Judging by the release of the last few major Nintendo multiplayer games, #srb2fun will be taken over by setting up matches for weeks.

Can't blame you for thinking that. It's probably because I assume you don't speak Japanese, so whatever that commercial really said is lost on us. It looks like the new system has interchangeable plates or something, but I digress.

...There's barely any conversation aside from Pamu Pamu interacting with the characters, and literally everything is just to Pamu Pamu's new song. I can understand mistaking the commercial for a Smash Bros commercial (at least until the part with the new 3DS features), but using the "I don't speak your freaky deeky language" when the commercial uses images to show off new features and has no conversation aside from "NEW 3DSUU!!!" is pretty damn lazy.

I mean, is it really that hard to understand "NEW 3DS! CHANGABLE FACEPLATES! PAMU PAMU!"?

tumblr_ncu2pkhkDA1svhhs6o1_1280.jpg

Okay folks, a heads-up for those of you downloading it off the eShop at midnight: You can download the 1.02 patch for the game right now. Not the game itself, but the patch. Do it before midnight, so you won't have to deal with that mess later. It fixes some bugs and is needed for online play.

Like, cripes.

It's gone through two school years, but at last, Smash 4 is nearing it's homecoming to the 3DS. Can't believe it has already been one and a half years since E3 2013 brought us a look at the new Super Smash Bros. title, and I remember all the reactions people had at the three new characters revealed for it at the time. I wasn't terribly interested for it because I never had a N64/GCN/Wii, until only later that it was coming for the 3DS, too, along with Wii U. Over more Nintendo Directs, I thought I was pretty solid on the fact that I was getting this for 3DS. Now look at how close it REALLY is! I think this'll be something to never get tired of playing, for years on end, assuming my second XL doesn't become unbearable to play on. I would greatly enjoy our own 3DS tourney so we can all versus and such.

I'll play but only if it's 1v1 with usual 1v1 settings (specific balanced maps, no items, 2-5 stock with a 5-10 minute limit, best out of 3, etc).

pamu pamu
who knows what kind of cryptic messages that moonspeak song could be saying

Katower, if you thought this Smash was a long time coming... don't know how old you are, but I remember reading about Brawl in Nintendo Power in the 6th grade or so. I'm only 18 and in college, but now THAT makes me feel old as hell. And I agree. Didn't feel too thrilled about this Smash before. But it's here, and I'm not exactly hyped about it (I have low expectations, actually) but I want to join in on the fun.

Well so far it's been amazing. Playing the demo waiting for the midnight release and then playing tons of it all night has been wonderful. Palutena for new waifu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back