Help, i portfowarded but still can't make a server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai5_5

Tai, for short.
I am making my server but... I portfoward (Port 5029) (UDP) but still...
Nobody can join. Please help, what do i do?

If you actually did port forward correctly, it might be your firewall stopping SRB2 from hosting, also there is this thread http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42720 which has port forwarding information. This is a common question, i feel how it is not be able to host a server, but i found out myself, my computer had this unique problem, i port forwarded with the ipv4 adress that shows in cmd, and i hosted fine, but when i replaced the PC's board( an internal component because of a problem i was having with USB drives) it wasn't working anymore, CMD showed the same IP adress, but when i downloaded the port forwarding tool, it showed what was my real IP which was totally different, and i tried that IP and it worked. This was probably caused by switching of the computer's board.

What i am trying to say is that it might be your firewall, or you port forwarded with the incorrect IP.

If you actually did port forward correctly, it might be your firewall stopping SRB2 from hosting, also there is this thread http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42720 which has port forwarding information. This is a common question, i feel how it is not be able to host a server, but i found out myself, my computer had this unique problem, i port forwarded with the ipv4 adress that shows in cmd, and i hosted fine, but when i replaced the PC's board( an internal component because of a problem i was having with USB drives) it wasn't working anymore, CMD showed the same IP adress, but when i downloaded the port forwarding tool, it showed what was my real IP which was totally different, and i tried that IP and it worked. This was probably caused by switching of the computer's board.

What i am trying to say is that it might be your firewall, or you port forwarded with the incorrect IP.

Well i will try these things. Thanks for helping!

@Boo Does port trigger work instead of forward? Some people were joining in my port triggered server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back