• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOICE.

It is indeed a step closer to it, I love it.
I gotta ask though; is this a replacement for the Menu? I'm a little bit confused as to how this works...

Sadly no.

SillyUnripeGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif

The transition from GFZ1 to the save screen has been taken away, it instantly loads the save screen map, so don't worry about that.

Oh, and if there's no save file when you launch the game;
DimpledCarefulHyena-size_restricted.gif

I originally wanted to let the player type their name with the keyboard or something, but it's pretty much impossible to detect what letter the player is pressing (which sucks), and implenting some undertale-like keyboard would've been too complicated for its use. Also don't mind warning errors and such, it's fixed since.

EDIT:
Thinking about it... Inuyasha is right! You SHOULD go further then Undertale did. (Maybe add new elements, or stuff, new bosses. Honestly I just want to help supply ideas and suggestions!) =\ Also the load option is amazing! Sorry for soo many questions but will there be npc's to talk to during the game? Will any major Undertale characters make appearances at all in this mod?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

EDIT: Also, since the screenshot suggests the mod being underground like the real game, will their be custom textures and gimmicks for the levels?

For the first part of the post, we're not there yet, but the dialogue script I made a while ago let us make dialogues with characters and NPC if we need to. For the second part of the post, most likely, although we thought of mixing a bit Undertale with SRB2 levels elements to make them more interresting, with gimmicks, as you said.

261898srb20009.png

Oh no.

Last edited:
Oh no indeed. CHARA!!! This pretty much confirms a Chara wad with the Undertale lua I'm presuming. Also, does this mean Frisk will be playable if you type in Frisk?

Is the walk up to the doorway automatic or do you have to walk up to the doorway manually?

You guys call yourself modders?

Oh no indeed. CHARA!!! This pretty much confirms a Chara wad with the Undertale lua I'm presuming. Also, does this mean Frisk will be playable if you type in Frisk?
You didn't even bother to open ki-*shot*

I don't have any kind of hate for Undertale, I've played the game start to finish, spoiled, because internet yelling this thing on my ears; but IMO this mod is somewhat pointless for SRB2. I mean it's an action game. It's not like it is not possible to do it, you're proving me wrog with the progress, but what Sonic even has to do with it, or even further why use SRB2?

Last edited:
I'm not very good at counter arguments, but the whole point is to combine two of your favorite things in an enjoyable manner. Lat' not only likes SRB2, but he also likes Undertale, and with his amazing lua skills, he can try his best to not only recreate Undertale in his favorite game, but he can try to improve upon it. This is a bit of a sidetrack from the point, but a month ago, I went out of my way to make a playable replica of a local Boys and Girls Club in Minecraft. Why did I do it? I wanted to combine two of my favorite things: The Club, and Minecraft. There is a reason why Crossovers exist, despite how pointless it is, people want to combine some their favorite things in a setting that others might wish as well.

I don't have any kind of hate for Undertale, I've played the game start to finish, spoiled, because internet yelling this thing on my ears; but IMO this mod is somewhat pointless for SRB2. I mean it's an action game. It's not like it is not possible to do it, you're proving me wrog with the progress, but what Sonic even has to do with it, or even further why use SRB2?
If StepMania can be turned into a dungeon crawler, why not turn SRB2 into an RPG?

IMO this mod is somewhat pointless for SRB2. I mean it's an action game. It's not like it is not possible to do it, you're proving me wrong with the progress, but what Sonic even has to do with it, or even further why use SRB2?
To me, this is just a fun project using and integrating Sonic assets in an UnderTale setting, and I find it to be a really cool tech demo. Being able to have UnderTale RPG-style gameplay in SRB2 is actually quite the LUA achievement. Besides, it's kind of fun seeing these styles of mods, blending something the creator enjoys with Sonic.

On a similar note, there are plenty of levels blending Sonic with other media. We've had Mario levels, Donkey Kong 64 levels, and even Touhou levels. In fact, there were two levels with full MegaMan gameplay that were entered in the OLDC, and no Sonic content was present in either level. (In fact, the second one had a Touhou theme to it with added gameplay as well.)

[...] but what Sonic even has to do with it, or even further why use SRB2?

If you really want a honest answer;I'm a bored kid. I'm doing it because I can.

That sounds dumb. But I'm really doing everything because I'm bored and I have the possibility to do it, and because people seem to like it and support me. I know it sounds like some stupid dream and I'm not good at putting myself in the light, but this mod is actually very easily modifiable on purpose if people want to experiment with it in the future.But, yeah, I'm mostly just making this for my own entertainement.

Then again, you can ask the same question to SRB2 devs. Why picking Doom for a Sonic fan game?

Last edited:
Lat, you keep working on that wad and do the best you can on it! Besides, I like the idea a lot! It sounds cool! Plus, does it really matter if this uses SRB2 or not? If Mega Man can be a first person shooter, (Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch) and Sonic Generations can become Sonic Unleashed, then you have not reason not to do something like make SRB2 Undertale.

In short, keep doin what your doin Lat, and I will be rooting on you as well as everyone else who supports you! Good luck! =)

Last edited:
I think this is really cool. I'll support anything shmup-related.

Hell, when you're satisfied, go pester instantSonic for his Sonic shmup assets and make something out of that.

I really like this newer font its clearer than the usual font we have in srb2. Its looking great

Last edited:
After some work around with the font, I made each letter work separatly and shit and uh

AlarmedEarlyAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

They can shake or move around independantly!

After some work around with the font, I made each letter work separatly and shit and uh

AlarmedEarlyAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

They can shake or move around independantly!

Nice job, man! I've always loved that little detail in Undertale's text; some letters tend to shake, especially in uh, "dramatic" moments.
It's clear as day that you're paying attention to detail and are doing this mod with a certain passion. Keep at it, bro!

Looking awesome shame the quality of the gif ruins the look of the text. I'm sure it looks much more smoother

Haha looking like undertale now! Custom fonts and all.

Needs a tiny bit of work since some words were cliping out the dialogue box

Needs a tiny bit of work since some words were cliping out the dialogue box

Yeah that's not much of a problem, I was just testing the font themselves.

Anyway, happy birthday to me! Like last year, I'm gonna show something better off, but as opposed to last year, I'll pack it up without the self deprecation!!

UntimelyObedientCatbird-size_restricted.gif

Non laggy gif here

YOU'RE BLUE NOW! THAT'S ITS ATTACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back