Suggestions

Why not use the terminology everyone ELSE uses so the rest of us understand what you're talking about?
I did clarify on what I meant, didn't I? You don't have to come after me just because I didn't grow up on the american instruction manuals.

Most people who've never played a Sonic game before call them "checkpoints" or something similar, so "Point Marker" isn't too far off.

Besides, the star tip is associated with the ring of stars that may appear when you touch it, which doesn't happen in SRB2. So in that sense, it's closer to the device in Sonic 1, Sonic CD, and Adventure and beyond.

Regardless, just to make it clear, I only used the term "Point Marker" because I'm used to refer it as such. I didn't mean to cause confusion and didn't know the term "everyone else uses" was Star Post.

Though I still prefer "Aqua Barrier" to "Bubble Shield". Especially when the latter doesn't make sense in the Sonic 3 bonus stage with all the gumballs reading "B". =P

Super abilities for custom characters, like Knuckles uses multiglide and Tails uses the Extreme Whirlind jump

Super abilities for custom characters, like Knuckles uses multiglide and Tails uses the Extreme Whirlind jump

Already in.
superability = 1, I think.

But I WOULD like to suggest that the Super timer for causing additional damage be lowered. 5 minutes to do double damage to Supers doesn't feel like enough...

Last edited:
I have two suggestions, the first one is make homing attack faster, because it's slow, ALOT SLOW, it should be faster, but just a liiiiiiiiiiitle slower than the speed thok, that's how it is in SA2B, also the second suggestion is removing the character select screen when choosing Sonic Robo Blast Remake, because there is no point since I'll always start as Sonic

This, slightly easier to remember
This, way off topic. Returning...

I has a few Mario Mode suggestions. (Please note, i haven't read the previous pages. Only Page 1 Post 1.)

When you start Mario Mode, you're somewhat small (undecided scale) with 100% scale abilities. When you are hit, you instantly die. (See ShufflaRB2) (This will be referred to as Mini Sonic) (Note: No Special Ability, and no Spindash!)

~ITEMS~
Mushroom - Grow to normal size. Being hit turns you into Mini Sonic. If the item is hit via a block, it will move right in 2d mode, and a random direction in 3d. It will bounce off walls like the Koopa Shell.
Fire Flower - Turn white, grow to normal size. Being hit turns you to Sonic. (Mushroom).
Mini Mushroom - Go extremely tiny and fit through tiny holes! Being hit will kill you. You cannot defeat enemies. If the item is hit via a block, it will move like the Mushroom.
Mega Mushroom - Go extremely big and stomp through anything! Bricks and Enemies will break/die on touch, like invincibility. Limited time. Cannot be hit. If the item is hit via a block, it will run away from the player.
Star - Turn invincible on touch. Works like the Invincibility, except your person turns disco colour. If on the screen, it will bounce around to the right, except in 3D mode, where it will bounce around in a random direction. Bounces off walls like a Koopa Shell. Cannot be hit.
Spiky Mushroom - Grow to normal size and get the ability to Spindash. Being hit turns you to Mini Sonic. (Perhaps has limited time?)
Lakitu Cloud - Can only be gotten by using Fire on a Lakitu. Riding the cloud will enable you to move very slowly, but fly. You will slowly descend, but you can press Jump to go up (And UP in 2d mode). Being hit will hurt you to what ability you have and make the cloud dissapear.

~ENEMIES~
Goomba - Classic goomba. Does not follow the player, but walks in a random direction, and changes direction if there's a cliff or wall.
Koopa - Faster than Goomba movement. Spawns Koopa Shell on defeat.
Shy Guy - Crawla movement. Hit like normal enemies
Lakitu - Flies around dropping Spinys onto the player. Dosen't change vertical axis. Follows player. Hit like normal enemies.
Spiny - Walks around like a Goomba. Can only be hit with Fire or Invulnerability.
Boo - Follows the player like a Buzz. Will stop and become invulnerable if the player looks within 90 degrees of it.

Yeah. :P I just wanted to say that Mario Mode isn't really Mario-y right now. :P I'm not saying that you should add these on the official Mario Koopa Blast levels, but it would be nice to add them anyway.
you do it then *shot*

Seriously, the thing doesn't have to be perfect. It's a secret level spoofing another game, so it doesn't have to be spot-on.

A linedef effect that causes the "underwater" visual effect for any player in the tagged sector, similar to linedef type 13.

Also, maybe another linedef type that when tagged to a sector or a FOF control sector, causes the flats of the sector or the FOF to "ripple," like the current FF_RIPPLE flag value does for FOFs made with linedef type 259. Maybe the walls, too?

Something that limts how much rubble comes from the spin bust blocks. They can get really laggy.

Make Robo-Hood be triggered at longer distance (between 640 and 1024 FU range). Currently the player needs to be too much close to a Robo-Hood to make him shoot arrows.

Last edited:
The ability for players to grab on to a player using Supersonic flight in Coop, Team Match, and CTF...except maybe the flag carrier.

But then again, it's even HARDER to go super in CTF, sooo...

Make it so that if you have superanims on, you can make a super colour for your character in Match. That way, you don't have to have a yellow super form.

Edit: If you don't understand. If superanims = 0, then you don't use supercolor. If superanims = 1, then use supercolor.

Last edited:
Actually why is it that ANY character who goes Super now uses invincibility sparkles? There should be either an option to pick the type of sparkles, or superanims gets the super spark thing that pops up every second of moving and all, and noanims gets invincibility. Maybe even add the option for sparkles that rotate the character like the old Hyper Sonic? Even adding the feature of replacing the graphic per character for these would be nice.

Also some way to combine a polyobject with a "thing" type object, so you could make for example a pushable 64 x 64 box or for some reason a palm tree, it could be moved via a conveyor, a vertical moving platform, wind, all sorts of stuff (depending of flags?).

Last edited:
Make it so that if you have superanims on, you can make a super colour for your character in Match. That way, you don't have to have a yellow super form.

It's yellow so you know EXACTLY who is Super when they turn super and can easily spot them and act accordingly (Auto/scatter them, run like hell, etc.). Yellow is the most noticeable color there is.

Actually why is it that ANY character who goes Super now uses invincibility sparkles?
Another playability thing.

It's yellow so you know EXACTLY who is Super when they turn super and can easily spot them and act accordingly (Auto/scatter them, run like hell, etc.). Yellow is the most noticeable color there is.

Ok I'll just go make Yellow Yellowness Zone then. :<

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back