Golden ruins mod

Should this be finished?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I downloaded the wad from the forum in moonlander's sig, and I have to say only this: THIS WAD IS JUST SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! MAN is the music great! And the appearance just looks SWEET!!! Can't wait forfinal version!!!!!!!!

Slimeballs, always making Sendspace max sound so good. But you have to pay for it, damnit! Why not just upload 30 files or something, and you've got max?

superflip96 said:
Can you or somebody else update the link? The link on the front page wont give me the file.
Yes, please. The only server that's been on for the last hour or so uses this, and I can't join.

What's that zone supposed to be, it's the one where in the first zone, you turn around and spindash through the wall and go to another level. What's that level supposed to be?

*notices this download is going to take more than seven minutes to finish*

...You plan on converting the music to ogg soon? @_@

Ima review this when it finishes downloading.

Love this mod, but it's not perfect.

For one, compress the music, it doesen't matter if it sounds grainy, as long as it's not a ridiculous filesize.

Second, the boss music sounds like it should be in a haunted house, I reckon (but I've found that other people think otherwise) that you should change it.

While on music, I reckon you should keep the title screen music as the SRB2 theme, it doesn't feel right listening to the SA2 theme.

And finally, level 1 act 2 uses too many system resources, perhaps you can edit that level to be more efficient.

Other than that, the Golden Ruins Mod is really fun to play, and I was surprised by how good quality it was. :mrgreen:

This mod isn't too bad compared to what we've been getting around here, but it isn't Addons section material. It seems you've got some potential, though; have a look at Mystic/Tets/FF's wads and try to get that 'official level' feel down. I'd give you a more thorough review, but it's been too long since I've played this, and I'm not redownloading it.

I think this mod is good also, but in my opinion the 3rd chaos emerald is to difficult for sonic to reach. In addition the final boss is very hard because there is to little ground to stand on, resulting in death. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back