Continuously Falling Sector Displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
I've started work on a kart map recently. Rainbow Road, to be exact. And as everyone knows, Rainbow Road needs magical rainbow lifts!

I've got a setup for a very magical one, if I do say so myself.Basically, my plan is to have bands of color shooting upwards inside it, using the Continuously Falling Sector linedef, reversed by the Not Climbable flag. Ideally, if you were standing in front of it, you would see a band of red shoot by, then a band of orange, then yellow, and so on until repeating. The problem, however, is that since all the FOF's start at the same place, at the same time, it ends up looking like this.

Seeing as the mechanism I'm going for has been used in Deep Sea Zone 2, I know it must be possible. Taking a look at how it was set up there didn't help me though. How exactly does one put some space between the platforms, so that they fall/rise apart from each other? Is there a way to delay the platforms for a few moments before they start? Or perhaps you can make them start mid fall/rise? Whatever the case, how does one accomplish it?

Give them different start or end heights. For example, spawn them at different heights below the floor. The lower you put one beneath the floor the longer it will take to fall up into the visible area.

As long as your lift isn't right at the beginning of the map they should be de-synced by the time you get there.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with this at all. I was telling Charyb how to make them de-sync, not how to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back