• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

Attachments

• srb20063.png
    srb20063.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 291
  • srb20064.png
    srb20064.png
    249 KB · Views: 285
  • srb20065.png
    srb20065.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 262
  • srb20068.png
    srb20068.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 277
  • srb20069.png
    srb20069.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 286
  • srb20070.png
    srb20070.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 279
  • scr_Lush_Meadow_v1.2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Flare957, your level isn't bad, it's just that some textures are misalligned. The music is good enough. But still, those textures need to be realigned.

Attachments

• srb20057.png
    srb20057.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 321
Wip!!!!!!

STILL WIP

Heres my entry for Kawaii - This version can be completed and I DO NOT intend this version to be in the final cut of KAWAII since I would like to add more and its missing music lol [Purpose of widescreen shots is to show more of the map, it works in Vanilla.. I hope]

Attachments

• srb21471.jpg
    srb21471.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 283
  • srb21468.jpg
    srb21468.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 288
  • srb21469.jpg
    srb21469.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 285
  • sc_AzureParadise_v1.rar
    350.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Download: Attached
Title: Lush Meadow Zone
Submitters: Flare957
Credits: "Lush" Textures made by me. "Evening Star" from Knuckles Chaotix http://project2612.org/details.php?id=646

Just finished playing the level and I gotta say, I really enjoy the amount of alternate paths and how they all seem to connect to eachother. Especially at the end where all the paths wind around and along eachother. I really feel free in this level with how I play the stage. Though, there are a few things I would fix/change.

First off, the speed booster ramp at the beginning of the zone seems really out of place and it seems to be the only one in the stage that I found. maybe replace it with a slope ramp of some kind? (maybe with springs like you do in other areas of the level) Or perhaps utilize the speed ramp more in other areas?

Second, the underwater parts of the level use the DSZ textures which feel really outdated. I'm not sure what you could change them to so that it wont seem too bland but last time I checked (which has been awhile) there are somewhat better textures to use in an underwater section like that.

Other than that, I don't have any other gripes with the zone. Love it~

It WAS map 73 now it replaces 01

Just got to test it, It's fun and there's plenty of sloped terrain and open space to mess with and multiple routes to choose from, But they all seem connected and there's no clear idea what to do or where to go, making the level feel like a Maze, there's also those brown looking walls and pillars but they don't seem to break, started thinking this is because you haven't finished the level yet, is there an exit in the current version? It's very easy to get lost right now lol.

Download: Attached
Title: Magmor
Submitters: Just me.
Credits: Sonic Team Jr for the lava fall texture I flipped, Dirk for the horizontal springs, Lach for the horizontal booster/spring fix, #coding on the official SRB2 Discord for help figuring out how to program Flasher (new badnik), Red Ring sprite taken from Spriters resoource Ripped by techokami
Maintainer Notes: Finished for the most part unless something needs to be fixed
New Version notes: Version Epsilon
Added some new details, corrected some transparency with a lava geyser.

Attachments

• SC_Magmor_Epsilon.zip
    412.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Just got to test it, It's fun and there's plenty of sloped terrain and open space to mess with and multiple routes to choose from, But they all seem connected and there's no clear idea what to do or where to go, making the level feel like a Maze, there's also those brown looking walls and pillars but they don't seem to break, started thinking this is because you haven't finished the level yet, is there an exit in the current version? It's very easy to get lost right now lol.

Thank you, i've been implementing changes as I go and I do agree there isnt really a clear indication on where to go. Maybe you are refering to the water route since it has the most shortcuts and alternative paths.

What i'll do is make it better at telling the charater were to go and so on..

Also those walls break with a Garyole at the end of the water path. This has been changed so they are just spin breakable since i got complaints it breaks the flow and kinda strange to put there.

W.I.P Thing.

I've been taking my time on this, since I didn't want a repeat of my SUGOI 1 or 2 maps. So, uh... this W.I.P map is based on Mega Man 2's Wily Castle. There's only gonna one stage, so that I don't end up submitting horrible quality maps. Alternate paths are barely started and the base layout is the most complete path so far. Deco is also lacking, as I'm yet to do that. There's also a temp goal atm. Hope you enjoy and stuff.

Attachments

• srb21373.png
    srb21373.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 260
  • srb21374.png
    srb21374.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 247
  • scr_robotniksfortress1.zip
    342.8 KB · Views: 203
Lush Meadow's received an update!

Major changes:
  • Replaced textures in the underwater route

Original Post has been updated with the latest version.
https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=800501&postcount=141

Soooo I do like that you took my advice in changing it but the texture chosen doesn't seem to align with itself very well (not your fault but the textures' fault)
I honestly wish that srb2 had better underwater themed textures.

Welcome to the...

Scarlet Palace

5CnyZ66.png

Will you manage to find the emeralds? Or will you fall for the charm of that mysterious masked figure?

Download:
Attached
Title: Scarlet Palace
Submitters: .Jazz.
Credits: LordPotatoSack - Enhanced Robo-Hood Sprites and Secret
VAdaPEGA - Enhanced Berry Bush Sprites
Music - "Angel Eyes" - By Velvet
Maintainer Notes: The map slot is MAP01

If you find any bugs or you have any suggestions to Improve this level further I'm all ears~

20/5 UPDATE

Thank you for your feedback! I did some edits on the level based on them (Like the Robo-Hood amount) and added 2 new small areas, along with other subtle changes. Oh, also the level contains one emblem now.
Report any bugs you find or tell me any suggestions you have. Enjoy~

NEW! - 24/5 UPDATE

Hopefully the last update of this map. Mostly fixed some bugs and did more subtle changes. Map now includes a level select picture too (Not sure why it didn't have one before). Good Loving~

Attachments

• sc_ScarletPalace.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Although I don't have time to play the level, I have to say that's an absolutely fascinating color scheme you've chosen. I'm amazed it looks as good as it does from the preview.

@Jazzz Interesting choice of colors and a Nice skybox, though I'm slightly disappointed it's an Emerald Hunt level and not a regular level.

b7Fwmsa.png

Download:
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Title: Cutout Warehouse Zone
Submitters: fickleheart/toaster
Credits: Music is le_fonque by marvin of skarla
Custom textures and assets by toaster -w-
Maintainer Notes: Please do not adjust the map's sector count or ring count. If you edit the map, be very careful since most rooms have overlapping linedefs for midtexture stacks, which map editors love to merge together.

Attachments

• scr_cutoutwarehouse_a4-4.zip
    576.5 KB · Views: 233
Welcome to the...

Scarlet Palace

If you find any bugs or you have any suggestions to Improve this level further I'm all ears~
Error: the map is not map01.

the best way to get feedback is to make sure testers know what number you map is.

The game does literally say what maps were replaced/added upon wad add :v

The game does literally say what maps were replaced/added upon wad add :v

^ Pretty much what he said. I have the habit of making my maps don't replace any slot and I usually test them via the MP menu.

But anyways I'll update the main post with the map number to avoid future confusions. The event rules didn't specify the map to be on the MAP01 slot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back