Not-Very-Nice Members are frequent here, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannyness

I recieved this PM a few days ago.
Megamantn said:
The reason you got Tempbanned cause YOU'RE A MORON!

I don't think this is very nice, really, the ban was for non-meaningful headlines (which I don't remember offending, but ah well) and member's like this really annoy me. I mean, why?
Please post your views.
EDIT: Used proper quote thingy instead of copy/paste

Hannyness said:
To: Hannyness
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:04 pm
Subject: Ha Ha! You got Tempbanned!

I don't think this is very nice, really, the ban was for non-meaningful headlines (which I don't remember offending, but ah well) and member's like this really annoy me. I mean, why?
Please post your views.

If you really want to tell someone about it, tell Mystic or another Admin to look through your PMs, the only thing you'll achieve by posting that here is creation of a chaotic thread.

Thanks

The first poster, thanks for telling me how to do stuff properly. Ritz, we have conversed before, and I don't want another argument. However, it would have been more constructive to inform than (in my opinion) insult. :D No offense or anything there.
I'll PM Mystic

EDIT: Ritz deleted his post, I see. Good idea, Ritz

Re: Thanks

Hannyness said:
The first poster, thanks for telling me how to do stuff properly. Ritz, we have conversed before, and I don't want another argument. However, it would have been more constructive to inform than (in my opinion) insult. :D No offense or anything there.
I'll PM Mystic

EDIT: Ritz deleted his post, I see. Good idea, Ritz

'The first poster' has a name. You know.

You don't even want to know what the biscuit boy was talking about...

Shadow Hog said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:
If you can't take critiism then you don't belong here.
That's not a criticism, that's a blatant flame.
I know..... there are just some people on the forums here who are complete jerks. Take critsism only when you're showing something that you made instead of taking it on every single comment that you make.

Hannyness said:
Megamantn said:

Please post your views.
EDIT: Used proper quote thingy instead of copy/paste

Non-meaning-full = annoying. Annoying users get banned. Do the math.

The way I'm viewing this topic makes me think that you are complaining about specific users, which, if that is the case, should be dealt with in private. If you have a problem about a user, making the issue public won't help you (in fact, it will probably make things worse and end up in a flame war).

Spazzo may be right about this. Bringing this up in public may make users say stuff like "I know that (insert name here) is a jerk" or "(insert name here) is the problem! Ban him/her!" and then the other user who was blamed will get mad and start up. Then there will be a break out of flaming which can corrupt the forum.

hannyness, two wrongs dont make a right, now this guy is gonna flame you endlessely on PM. I can see it now: "The great flame war of '07" be mature, and that goes to all of you.

:oops: that was er my evil uh twin, er . dark turbo! no no Durbo! yeah yeah *runs*, but seriously, you need to just report to an admin, you might get banned (no i am not angry at you, i am on your side).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back