The MIDI music's volume is too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robichu

I know that there's a volume bar to change the volume but it don't works and i have a music so loud that i must get of my headphones.

So... Help please !

As I explained on Discord, the MIDI volume is intentionally disabled in SRB2 due to problems with MIDI volume control in Windows 7 IIRC. I think it was like MIDI volume also affects sound volume for some reason, I forget what was wrong.

Yeah but i like the midi musics there's nothing to solve this problem ?

I mean, the easiest fix is to just not use MIDI music, but if you really must—you can export the MIDI files from music.dta, use a MIDI editing program like Audacity to decrease the note velocity of each note, export them from there and make the necessary replacements in music.dta, or simply add them to a new wad and addfile that at startup.

Unless what you mean is that it plays so loud that not even volume 2 or 1 lowers it enough, I would just change every other setting to be as loud as the midis and then lower the main volume.

The issue with the midis isn't that they're too loud. It's that if you fiddle with the volume, Windows' midi player can and will end up permanently muting the executable forever (even when playing with midis off later), for some ungodly reason.

This has happened to enough people that it may be worth straight up considering going to digital music only in future versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back