• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
too good, this project seems fun, I enjoyed the part where you need a key to open the door, puzzles make us lose more time on stage.

I asked someone about this 3 years ago and they told me it was impossible and would never work so I just did it myself for my game project

I wanted it now because I thought the Gladion camera lean in the pokemon trailer looked cool

https://gfycat.com/ImaginativeAnotherKarakul
https://gfycat.com/ImpureImpressionableAracari

Never, ever let anyone tell you something is impossible. There is always some way around something. This is going a bit off topic, but I remember I once asked someone if making a Sonic model in this one quake 3 engine game were possible, and they responded no, that the skeletal system for the base human wouldn't fit with sonic...that was 3 years before I learned a thing or two about modeling and noticed that it can be done, but needed a simple offset adjustment when it was finished.

a more closer to home example; people used to tell me that exact level ports from Sonic games can't be ported to srb2, and even if you did there would be palette restrictions. Now I know that if you take a stage from a Sonic game and break it down to several md2 chunks, you could make false custom objects and make precise invisible yet tangible platforms to fit the model's design.

Point being, don't give up because someone says it's impossible. Open your mind to the extreme and do your best. Ofc you don't need this advice since you already are the best :o, but just in case :p

It looks quite wrong on the ship to me because of how everything is moving at once. When there are two ships side-by-side the one you're not on bobs up and down more extremely than yours just because of how the camera effect works.

Personally I think it would work far better on a really big ship instead of a bunch of smaller ones, because then the effect would look completely natural for everything except the water, which you probably aren't going to be looking directly at anyways.

Wow, if only you could made the player slide around just a bit on the Ship level and it would be quite interesting to play.

What Mystic said actually. Having multiple ships does distort the illusion you're trying to set up. This is also more of a nitpick but I wish the ships had more depth to them. Like, have more floors and stuff to make it look more like a ship. More platforms and whatnot. Give the ship an actual deck. Other then that though what you do is amazing as always.

What Mystic said actually. Having multiple ships does distort the illusion you're trying to set up. This is also more of a nitpick but I wish the ships had more depth to them. Like, have more floors and stuff to make it look more like a ship. More platforms and whatnot. Give the ship an actual deck. Other then that though what you do is amazing as always.

The level used is a very old map that belongs to a certain wad, so it's not really going to get changed. I just happened to have a map lying around and I thought of water waves or something
The rotation isn't going to happen there at all because it was just for display, since RedEnchilada told me to post it

What's really cool to me about the effect is that, as far as I can tell, turning perpendicular to the axis of the tilt doesn't actually ruin the illusion, despite it logically not making sense that a ship that's leaning to the left would suddenly be tilting upwards as you turn to the left. It's really the sensation of vertigo that counts, which makes me think you could get away with applying it to just about anything. I didn't even notice there were multiple ships at first.

Titlemaps?
In SRB2?
That is beautiful.

But how does it work, the camera is fixated on a point and rotates or you get to give it a path?

yes
YES
Y E S
Y E S

Thank you miru now future mods and 2.2 can be even cooler since we're not limited to a weird 320 by 200 graphic anymore <3

Last edited:
miru, you are a coding god, you know that? You are giving people things they asked for months, or even years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back