Android SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExplodingTNT

SonicLux Hedgeman
I want to know how i can download srb2 in android, i googled it but... HELP!

Sent in my pc using Sony Xperia Tipo hotspot.

Well i saw on srb2 src folder, a android folder, that has some files. I also viewed 2 videos that have srb2 in android. what should i do?

There is some code for a SRB2 Android app, but the problem is that Android Apps are written in the Java programming language, and it would require a specific linux compiliation for Android for Java to support SRB2.

I don't think you actually need a controller with the rise of virtual joysticks and buttons. Having one button for spin, one button for jump, and a virtual joystick(s).

Would be a little awkward but it might work.

I don't think you actually need a controller with the rise of virtual joysticks and buttons. Having one button for spin, one button for jump, and a virtual joystick(s).

Would be a little awkward but it might work.

I think having an actual controller would be way better than a virtual joystick or button. Because without it, it just sounds awkward to play and it wouldn't offer the precision needed to play the game. It'd be like playing Super Smash Brothers with a digital gamepad.

There is some code for a SRB2 Android app, but the problem is that Android Apps are written in the Java programming language, and it would require a specific linux compiliation for Android for Java to support SRB2.

Nope, you can use C/C++ with Android... although it can be quite a headache. You have to use the JNI (Java Native Interface) to call your code like a DLL.

SSN, that means that srb2 is playeable in android? If so , i have AIDE app, for java - android programing. But how to instal srb2 in android?d

Nope, you can use C/C++ with Android... although it can be quite a headache. You have to use the JNI (Java Native Interface) to call your code like a DLL.

Yeah, going through the Android code in the source shows that it's simply SRB2 wrapped with the JNI. (I'm unfamiliar with the JNI though, I've never ran into a problem where I've needed to call machine code, but now I realize I probably should look into it more). I know C code can pretty much run on anything that has a compiler for it, I was just wondering if, because Android runs on the Linux kernel, SRB2 would have to be compiled for Linux?

Also, to follow on everyone else's questions. How well would the SRB2 native code interface, which was written for keyboards and mice, interface with an Android's User interface?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

SSN, that means that srb2 is playeable in android? If so , i have AIDE app, for java - android programing. But how to instal srb2 in android?d

Very carefully...

In all honesty it would probably require some programming knowledge to compile the code and link it, because I'm under the impression that the SRB2 Android project is only source code right now (but if I'm wrong, please beat me over the head with a large stick). Your Android would probably have to be in dev mode too.

Last edited:
If there is an android app for srb2, I really hope they code it so you can have it on the SD Card. Not enough apps on the store for android have good SD card compatibility which is annoying because android urges you to use an external memory source :u

Well, from what code is in the source code distributed with SRB2. Android SRB2 is pretty much PC SRB2 that is wrapped in an Android app, so I doubt SD cards are exclusively supported. :(

Last edited:
Well, from what code is in the source code distributed with SRB2. Android SRB2 is pretty much PC SRB2 that is wrapped in an Android app, so I doubt SD cards are exclusively supported. :(

Aw man D: That's hella lame. I'd actually happily upgrade my android phone if I could use a moga controller and play srb2.

You know, all and all, I don't think SRB2's vision wouldn't quite fit an Android app. It was meant as a nice PC Sonic Fangame, and just the scope of the game really doesn't fit the more simplistic game structure that Android Games typically are. A simple puzzle or adventure game like Angry Birds or Temple Run, is more along the lines of an Android game than SRB2, which is a large-leveled 3D platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back