We're curious. (SRB2 Multiplayer Survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on the subject of race, Classic Race desperately needs to be fixed so that people who time/game over are ineligible to win any categories. Why bother finishing in time when you can simply dart around the course hogging every ring and box you can? Even with just two players, it's a silly loophole.

I thought the entire point of Classic Race was to hog as many rings, boxes, and points as you can.

While we're on the subject of race, Classic Race desperately needs to be fixed so that people who time/game over are ineligible to win any categories. Why bother finishing in time when you can simply dart around the course hogging every ring and box you can? Even with just two players, it's a silly loophole.

Actually, getting time over makes you loose to rings cattegory (and time category of course), so you have little chance to win anyway. Besides, the rules are the same as sonic 2, so i doubt it will be changed.

All well and good but it still has to be, y'know, a race.

Hey, whaddya know, Mystic was right to remove "Race" from the name after all.

(It's called "Competitive" now for a reason. Basically, more of an opposition to Co-op, rather than another form of race.)

The more I think of the name change, the more sense it makes. After all, it's not Race and never was meant to be. "Competitive" and "Cooperative" make the distinction between the modes ever more clear. I don't even know if it should support the Circuit maps at all.

What's the point in having you get to the finish then...? Might as well call it "Scavenge".

犬夜叉;694680 said:
Hey, whaddya know, Mystic was right to remove "Race" from the name after all.

(It's called "Competitive" now for a reason. Basically, more of an opposition to Co-op, rather than another form of race.)
Wow, talk about coming full circle. We went from

Race

to

Race / Time-Only Race

to

Classic Race / Race

to

Competitive / Race.

It's kind of ironic, like if Tag were renamed to Chaos and a different gametype were introduced, taking the name of "Tag".

What's the point in having you get to the finish then...?
There isn't one. Which is why I think the time category should just be dropped and a global time limit should be enforced. It didn't make sense in Sonic 2 and it doesn't make sense now. We have a standalone racing gametype, there's no need to have a weird hybrid which was designed as an afterthought back in 1992.

There isn't one. Which is why I think the time category should just be dropped and a global time limit should be enforced. It didn't make sense in Sonic 2 and it doesn't make sense now. We have a standalone racing gametype, there's no need to have a weird hybrid which was designed as an afterthought back in 1992.
Actually, now that you say it, that does make more sense. Or we could make players who get a Time Over lose automatically, so that quicker players still get some points, but you still need to finish.

EDIT: Also, with the name "Competitive", problems arise with the gametype prefix, because it shares "C" with Coop.

Last edited:
Needs to smooth out the lag!!!!

In my humble opinion SRB2 REALLY NEEDS A SYSTEM FOR SMOOTHING LAG! Almost all the other online games I've seen smooth the lag out so you get pretty smooth play. (The only problem is if there is lots of lag and someone shoots you and you duck into cover. As soon as the lag catches up you will suddenly start bleeding rings even if you're behind cover. But, that's still better then a really jerky game.)

Almost all of the online shooters you've seen have paid development teams. It's just not worth the effort to make it work, especially since SRB2 uses almost entirely projectile weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back