Exporting SRB2 music with XWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I'd like to have all the SRB2 music out of music.dta and into a folder so I can listen to it whenever I want, but I can't figure out what to do with XWE. It seems I've tried most everything, but nothing works. Renaming lumps doesn't work, copying and pasting doesn't work, and the Play Music function doesn't work.

All I want to do is listen to a bit of RVZ. Is that too much to ask?

Well this is easy to do. Playing it in the XWE will never work. Go to all in the music.dta and then click on the the lump. Then go to save as in entry, and save it anywhere. Then go to the file where ever you put it and you replace the .lmp at the end of the file name with either .mid or .ogg.(it depends what it is.)

In XWE

O at beginning of lump = ogg
D at beginning of lump = mid

I'll Begin said:
Whenever I try to get OGGs from XWE, I can only save them as lumps and not as actual OGGs.

You save them as lumps and then rename the extensions to .ogg. The files are Oggs, even though the extensions claim they're not.

But in my previous post was a link to my website where all the music is available for download, so unless you're on dialup, extracting and renaming them all manually may not really be necessary.

Sadly, precisely zero of my three media players play OGG format. :/ Off to Google with me.

If you save a lump the start with a D its a midi so you have to change it to .lmp to .mid.

Or the plug in for Windows Media Player. (A link to it is on the music page of SSN's website.) Arrow's idea is probably better, though.

Super mystic sonic said:
In that case, convert it to mp3 with some kinda music converter.

Converting a lossy format like Ogg to another lossy format like MP3 will result in a drop in quality. It's better just to leave it as is and adapt your player to be able to play the original file.

Took me about an hour, but I finally got all the music out of Music.dta and into a folder I prepared earlier. Both OGG and MIDI. Ouch. I had to rename every single one.

We know. The problem is I wanted to listen to RVZ outside of the game. This problem has been solved.

hyper apc said:
oh sorry i just want to help :o

Tell me. What does listening to music in SRB2 have to do with exporting files with XWE? Try and read the whole problem before you go jumping into a solution which has a 15/85 chance of working or not.

Boinciel: "Ow I fell over!"
hyper apc: "Have a banana!"
Boinciel: "I don't need a banana!"
hyper apc: "I was only trying to help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back