Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympics Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colors and Generations exist, you know. :V

Not sure about Colors, but in Generations, the Time Eater was the penultimate.

What I'm talking about is there not being some 'all powerful mystic being' that has to be taken out at the end.

Perfect Chaos
Biolizard
Crazy freaky hypah metul sonikkuuuaahhh!
Whatever the Sonic 2k6 thing was
Mystical Unleashed creature whatever
Dunno about Colors (Giant evil wisp?)
Time Eater

And it almost feels like they INTENTIONALLY take this route. Especially Generations, for example. Why couldn't Eggman just have BUILT a time machine?

Last edited:
Sonic 2k6 had 'Solaris' (Mephiles&Iblis mixed together).
Sonic Colors was the Giant Nega Wisp.
Sonic Unleashed had Dark Gaia.

Yeah, the Egg Nega Wisp was a robot that contained thousands of Wisps in the same way that Badniks contained flickies- for energy- as it was all Eggman's plans, on his terms and as he commanded. It was the final boss of the Wii version, but the DS version had a gigantic monster to fight. In addition, the Time Eater was completely under the control of the two Eggmen, and was merely a robot powered by a dark, time traveling energy. Time Eater didn't count as a betrayal, and it didn't really count as a monster as it had no personality of its own- not even a desire to destroy.

So that thing about Eggman not being the final villain since S3nK? That's bunk. Colours and Generations had him in control up to the very end, without betrayal or replacement or whatever. And let's not forget the Advance series, with the exception of Advance 3.

I guess I'm just tired of unknown mystery energy being the plot device. :P It's so japanimation-cliche.

They already HAVE chaos emeralds. Don't cloud the landscape. :P

I wouldn't say Time Eater was the villain at all in Generations. It was a weird force of nature that Eggman took over (with the help of, well, Eggman), turned into another of his personal robots, and was in complete control of. He didn't even lose control of it like he so often does. That was a fight against two Eggmen, through and through.

Colors also featured Eggman as the final boss, in another force-of-nature-turned-into-a-pilotable-mech, to my understanding (the Wii version, anyway; I think the DS version has the some mother Wisp be the final boss or something similarly dumb and unrelated). Rush had Eggman as the final boss in both stories, and both he and Nega Eggman teamed up for the final boss. Eggman was firmly the true final boss of Sonic Advance and Advance 2, too.

So to say Eggman's never been the final boss since S3&K is a bit inaccurate and/or disingenuous.

(Also I think you mean "ultimate"; "penultimate" means "the one before the last". :V)

(the Wii version, anyway; I think the DS version has the some mother Wisp be the final boss or something similarly dumb and unrelated).

Actually, the Nega Mother Wisp was an extra boss that could only fought if you had all 7 Chaos Emeralds. So it wasn't really a final boss as much as it was an extra one.

Aren't all extra bosses final in Sonic games (except Sonic the Fighters), they're supposed to reveal a final chapter.
Like the Sonic Advance games, I think it was SA2&3 that had a extra/final boss that is part of a last chapter for the game.

EDIT:
Oh I forgot to correct this
Perfect Chaos
Biolizard
Crazy freaky hypah metul sonikkuuuaahhh!
Whatever the Sonic 2k6 thing was
Mystical Unleashed creature whatever
Dunno about Colors (Giant evil wisp?)
Time Eater
It was Final Hazard in SA2/B, they are sort of different but Final Hazard is last to battle (ones just an enhanced version of the other).

Last edited:
Actually, the Nega Mother Wisp was an extra boss that could only fought if you had all 7 Chaos Emeralds. So it wasn't really a final boss as much as it was an extra one.
Those "extra" bosses are the ones I consider to be the "final" bosses proper, and it was those I was discussing.

In the case of Generations or Colors (Wii), there wasn't an additional boss after you reached an ending, so those bosses were the final ones. Otherwise, the final boss is the one that unlocks with all the emeralds.

Anyway, I want to get back to Sonic's Parkour Worlds... I mean Sonic Lost Worlds.
I wouldn't be surprised if Metal Sonic, Some Dark Power (like Mephiles and Dark Gaia) or even Eggman himself steals the role of being the final boss from the Deadly Five (the sixth one doesn't seem to deadly-the shrimp one).

Yeah, it will probably be that same contrived plot we all seen a billion times before in video games. Where the 6 guys are actually being tricked by Eggman and they all come together (or probably just only super sonic) to defeat him.

Maybe just once, can they just be actually evil? I might even be alright with the 6 appearing to be tricked by Eggman, only to try to kill sonic again afterwards. Eh, I guess it is still lame no mater which way this goes.

Man, we need a new final boss!
It would be better if it was Tails who betrays Sonic because he is always the star of his games. Let's see Sonic try to fight his best friend over jealously. This time Tails gets the final role and Eggman, Nega Wisps and Jason Griffith can't do anything about it.
1ymwkz.jpg

Am I the only one sick of Sonic being the main guy altogether? I personally wanna see a game where you play as Tails again. Or someone else. Give another guy the spotlight SEGA, jeez. Sonic could've been kidnapped by Eggman or something one time and it's ironic and stuff, so Tails has to go save the world himself and stuff. At the end when you have all the emeralds Eggman could turn Sonic into Dark Sonic or something (Because I just love Dark Sonic @_@) And bam, already you've got some kind of basic outline.

Back on a topic though, most of the final bosses are the same thing, an all powerful creature/monster/being whatever which you must stop for the good of the world. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were decent enough, I mean, they were well pulled off well and stuff, hell, I loved the Metal Overlord boss fight too, but the other ones, bleeegh. The system got old pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back