smsblast for srb2 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggmanfan can't make anything above sub-par sprites, but he can code an EXE.

I call plagarism.

Spriting and coding are two completely different fields, dear. A coder is nowhere near being an artist by default - something I can personally attest to. Now, I'll be the first to admit I know almost nothing of the guy and what he did, but being a bad spriter certaintly isn't something I'd consider proof of, of all things, code theft.

I call plagarism.

What? Plagarism is the stealing of someone's work and calling it your own. Super Mystic Sonic is crediting Eggmanfan with coding the EXE for SMSBlast. If he didn't make it, it's miscrediting someone, not plagarising.

Also like to point out I looked through some of the comments to that and

Also, it seems everyone dislikes him because the wad is overpowered. I loved the wad when I first started playing, because it was my first step to adjusting to playing as Sonic. While now I never use him, I think being overpowered can be good for newbies to help them handle things better. And if I remember correctly, one of his wads actually powered up a lot of robots in-game to decrease the over-powered SMS.

If you call making a timer soc(Making enemys faster) which is hated by most members here. Making it more challenging. Then I guess so. But it doesn't really make it harder, it just makes it annoying.

What? Plagarism is the stealing of someone's work and calling it your own. Super Mystic Sonic is crediting Eggmanfan with coding the EXE for SMSBlast. If he didn't make it, it's miscrediting someone, not plagarising.

I think hes talking about Eggman.

He's hinting that eggmanfan, which he views as barely being competent enough to make decent sprites (and thus blindly assuming that he probably can't code for junk), probably didn't exactly create all the code in the .exe as his own and may have 'retrieved' it from another source whilst claiming as his own.
I personally don't know or care. Simple modifications to the source are a lot easier than most people think, honestly.

What's the appeal in this modification, anyways? A mediocre boost ability isn't that amazing, while it probably shouldn't be too hard to port either... Let's just jack up maxmove :)

The shield switch would be nice, and honestly, the boost might be too, if they were made balanced.

Knowing SMS, they weren't.

I call plagarism.

You're comparing knowledge of programming to skill in sprite art? Seriously? It's like saying someone "can't ride a bike, but can compose a piece of high quality music - I call plagiarism."

Silly.

Anyway...

SMS made an exe?

No. SMS did not make the exe. His friend Eggman891 coded it and was supposed to be PRIVATE.

Guys. I credited Eggman891(NOT Eggmanfan) in both readme, Youtube description, and the comments that claimed I took it as my own. True, at first I took him wrong and DID upload it without permission, thinking I DID have it. But we talked later and I'd remove the exe from upload for him if he would NOT give the permission. But he did, and credit IS given.

As for the next exe...honestly, I don't know how well I'll be able to. I told people I'd give it a shot, but I won't be promising a thing. If it does, then this version at least will contain a different version number, as I forgot to previous time. Couldn't compile it previous time due to errors as soon as I found out, and I didn't want to go trough the trouble if 2.0 would be there in a few weeks anyways.

But yeah...it's basically a discussion about a MIGHT-come thing, nothing to get hyped up about in a positive or negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back