Freedom Planet - Not a Sonic fangame. Really. I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link the awesome trailer without the official website with all the most awesome, exciting details? IMPOSSIBLE! *bricked*

http://www.freedomplanet2.com/about.php

I was internally screaming with joy looking at this site. All of the characters look like miniature paintings, and Taxman himself made the game's engine in Unity. Not to mention TysonTan's character designs are officially canon now. They have a rock star team behind this project, so I couldn't be more excited!

Would I get auto-tempbanned for screaming in all caps for barely thirty characters from my excitement, like how SRB2FUN auto-kicks you for doing the same? Because the kid in me is bouncing all over the place. Forget Star Wars, this is the news I've been waiting for!

Time to take a look at the Freedom Planet 2 web page…

tumblr_inline_nzxpzmr4t41r02h7r_540.png

Wait a minute...

tumblr_inline_nzxpzzrz1E1r02h7r_540.png

HOLY SHIT 10/10 GOTY

tumblr_inline_nzxq0o7i2X1r02h7r_540.jpg

I don't know why, I laughed really hard at that reaction image. Everyone in the cast has a lot of history, but I wasn't expecting a Battletoads guy! (Also, the description for the monkey simply named AAA broke my sides.)

In other news, the beta for Milla's story and Torque are on Steam right now. However, it's soft-locking in some places, and Steam's having serious issues that need to be addressed before anybody can safely log back on or off; glad I haven't touched Steam since I downloaded Shantae RR, or kept my Paypal linked to Steam after I bought it.

UPDATE: Strife is already trying to push patches to address the bugs on Steam, but Steam's system is being a jerk right now. Hopefully, he'll get it through soon.

Last edited:
it's soft-locking in some places

Well... Millas Story is not playable. After finishing the first Stage it showes a blank "Unlocked-Screen" wich will re-appear every time you press continue and if you die as Torque the game crashes. I hope that Valve fixes Steam's system so he can push his patches out soon. It's not really playable like that.

The update is available now, so the soft locking issues should be gone. And if you haven't fought the final boss as Milla before, it could be a rough time without taking advantage of the game's physics.

In other news related to the sequel, TysonTan has revised Lilac and Milla's new designs:

CXey-OhVAAArVeH.png

CXZ7pw4WAAIeCq8.png

Needless to say, the newest illustration of Milla is my phone's new wallpaper. THE SQUEES AAAAAAAAAA

Maybe it's just that I'm not used to it, but Lilac's new design with its more human-like proportions doesn't seem to mesh well with the cartoony look of the environments and enemies. I'm happy that bosses not named Brevon finally have visible health bars, though, and I'm looking forward to learning what that winged dash move at the end is all about.

For the love of god and all that is holy, I hope and pray that Carol's voice lines a re a little better than they were last game!

I kind of agree with 742 in terms of character proportions feeling very... off when compared to the first game, especially since most pickups didn't change in terms of size and it makes the characters look smaller than before. Howevvveeer, I'm quite excited to see actual gameplay of this and it only makes me quite eager to see more stuff happening, especially with all these new abilities that the gang seem to have up their sleeve and that everything shown off is just as beautiful as the first game was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back