Screen Resolution Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed SRB2 on a External Hard Drive on this laptop. I updated it to the latest version. I thought I was good to go.

When I started SRB2 the game was squished and there is a giant white bar on the bottom. (I can't PrtSc it for some reason, it always shows weird dark colors of the shot.)

I try to change it to the correct resolution but it crashes and there is a Segment Violation.

My resolution is 1366x768.

Is it too big for SRB2? Or what?

Last edited:
I am having this problem too, though the exact specifics of the issues with default resolutions differ, whenever I try to set the game to run in my native, 1380X768 resolution, the game sigsevs. It did not do this on 1.09.4/a, and I run from an internal HDD.

Last edited:
That... doesn't work like that. SRB2 works with a fixed view size. Changing resolutions only letterboxes or stretches the picture, depending on the STRETCH variable.

Also, this has been around since forever. 2.0 just makes it far more glaring. Use any resolution that's a multiple of 320 x 200, and you'll be set. Anything else is unsupported and may crash your computer.

But no matter what resolution I choose that's a multiple of 320x200 it always shows that giant white bar on the bottom.

It's not the graphics card, it's the game.
If you want to be technical or if this information is valid or anything, my graphics card is a GeForce 9800 GS 512 MB. And no I'm not bragging about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back