Suggestions

Transformation into Super forms should involve the player pressing a button in the air other than the jump button (preferably the spin button): it's incredibly lame to be unable to thok or whatever just because you happen to fit the requirements for transformation.

You can thok after transforming now, actually. This is also the reason why we kept S3K's feature of preventing you from transforming while you have a shield.

Well, how about an option to turn said feature on/off? Like, being able to set another button as "Transform" and turning "Double-jump to transform" off (if you so choose).

What about createing densitys for objects so if objects with certain light densitys fall in water they will float and allow the player to stand on it and so map makers' won't have to be placeing floor friction just to make it seem heavy or light.

You can thok after transforming now, actually.
That's not even what I was asking about.
It's annoying that the player is forced to transform when double jumping instead of it being avoidable through an easier and less trivial matter than "go grab a Shield".
Maybe an "alt jump" key?

Last edited:
2 suggestions

ive 2 suggestions:

1. splitscreen in netgame. so you can play online with 2 players on one pc
2. 3 player splitscreen when joystick is connected. so you can play with 3 persons on one pc.

Rofl. Anyway the enemies in srb2 are lacking animation frames, like the archers in CEZ(you may have found me bitching about them in another topic) and jettysyns could have some frames when its firing, I mean it looked like a breeze to add frames to ERZ's boss so why not give this a shot?
Because nobody seems to care. THEY haven't said anything :/
It does have firing frames, IIRC. They're just really unnoticable.

It does have firing frames, IIRC. They're just really unnoticable.

...That would be because the sprites for the firing frames are in fact exactly the same as the standing frame's.

Believe me, I've actually checked them myself, and there are only two frames used; one for standing/firing, and the other one for jumping.

Last edited:
...That would be because the sprites for the firing frames are in fact exactly the same as the standing frame's.

Believe me, I've actually checked them myself, and there are only two frames used; one for standing/firing, and the other one for jumping.
Which Jettysyn, exactly? because green ones don't fire bullets, they drop bombs. Brown Jettysyns have two firing frames.

ive 2 suggestions:

1. splitscreen in netgame. so you can play online with 2 players on one pc
2. 3 player splitscreen when joystick is connected. so you can play with 3 persons on one pc.
Suggested. Not going to happen.

Allow SOCers to set the actual spikeballs that rotate around an Object when A_PointyThink is being used.

As of 2.0.6, it appears that the ability to have rotating spikeballs like the Pointy's at all is limited to just the Pointy itself, if I'm reading the source code correctly.

Here's my huge wishlist of unimplementable and stupidly hard to code suggestions!

Custom map rotations
They'd be able to create a rotation that can switch gametypes or skip to any map in any order. The rotations would be created either with a txt file, or within a wad. These rotations will be activated in the console either by naming a txt file or naming a lump in a wad. The default rotations would be automatically activated if none is specified.

"Community" system for netgames
Login using username and password

Server owners can create pages for their server that can be reached using http://ms.srb2.org/ and can have a list of admins, server description, wad list (with download links if the wads exist on the MB,)

Map names
My next extremely crazy idea is to name maps without using MAPXX. When a new wad is added the map numbers would be temporarily changed to fit into empty map slots and then given a name specified by the map's name. The names would look something like this, unless the wad maker names the maps themself in a level header:
greenflowerzone1
limeforestzone

When a player adds mystic realm, for example, the game would move MAPA1 to the first open slot (map12.) The player then uses the command map jadecoastzone1 and is brought to map12.

This system of naming maps is useful as it stop maps from overwriting each other (unless the user adds 1035 maps :P) and allows map names to be more easily remembered by players and server owners.

New console command: addfolder [name of folder]
Adds all wad files within a folder.

New console command: addgraphics
Adds only graphics/music/sound files from a wad, for example GraphicX8000v4.wad, without allowing files like textures, maps, etc from being added. Allows the player to join servers and unlock secrets after use.

New linedef executor: show zone name with next act
Without ending the level or starting a new one, displays the level's name +1 act as if you started a new one like in sonic 3 and knuckles. No climb = do not change act number.

Change the size of the deefault thokitem/spintiem so it isn't terribly off center and bigger than the actual spin sprites
Seriously. It's annoying

And now I'll post random suggestions by other users that were buried under other suggestions and are awesome.
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=352253&postcount=8
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=363970&postcount=18
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=406351&postcount=68
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=387112&postcount=41

Will edit with more bad ideas later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well-placed turrets are as crucial as anything to the route of a level, e.g. THZ2's turret room. It's not the fault of the devs that so few people use them that way.

Late response, but When I said (e.g. turrets), I meant keeping those, as most are crucial to passageways. I was suggesting taking out enemies like Robo-hoods and Crawlas.

Custom map rotations
If I got it, it's already possible. Just create a wad with a MAINCFG and no map in it. Then just type addfile myrotation.wad

"Community" system for netgames
SRB2Live anyone?

(I hope Cue is here to read this)

I rather prefer something simpler: a short URL service.

When a wad or mod is released, they could receive (if approved by Judge team) two short links:
1) direct download link: dl.srb2.org/xyz
2) MOD page link: mod.srb2.org/xyz (which points to the add-on topic in MB)

Both links can be displayed in server details on MS page, on console (listserver) or used to spread the wad, as any short URL.

Automatically run lumps named AUTOEXEC as a script as soon as a wad is loaded
MAINCFG does it? I'm not sure.

I have a script that does it. Interested?

SRB2CB does it, but as "Insert key" mode: letters can be replaced, but not added in. I hope they implement it.

Last edited:
If I got it, it's already possible. Just create a wad with a MAINCFG and no map in it. Then just type addfile myrotation.wad
It's an annoying to use system though and requires downloading.

SRB2Live anyone?

(I hope Cue is here to read this)

I rather prefer something simpler: a short URL service.

When a wad or mod is released, they could receive (if approved by Judge team) two short links:
1) direct download link: dl.srb2.org/xyz
2) MOD page link: mod.srb2.org/xyz (which points to the add-on topic in MB)

Both links can be displayed in server details on MS page, on console (listserver) or used to spread the wad, as any short URL.
Still, I think servers should be able to have their own pages/descriptions and I'd like to know when one of my favorite servers is being hosted. Also, the logging in would be optional but normal players could not be allowed to name themselves as a registered user.

MAINCFG does it? I'm not sure.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MAINCFG#General_Settings
You're right! :D

I have a script that does it. Interested?
I already use that script, but I want one that can work with any wads I have loaded and doesn't need manual edits every new version.

SRB2CB does it, but as "Insert key" mode: letters can be replaced, but not added in. I hope they implement it.
Yes.

Suggested. Not going to happen.

Because you could use the second player as a dummy to get free points in Match? To do that you could also use a second computer (even on the same network), I think.

Splitscreen mode in multiplayer could be a great help for two people with only one computer! ;)
You could even play with four players, using only two computers!
Or, even better, eight players on only four computers - just imagine that! :o

One person could also viewpoint the other players in Tag/H&S and show/tell the other person when he/she is it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back