Fixed [2.1.15] SRB2win Sound Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrels O' Fun

An Professional Gamer
I was testing midis out, and I used the command line "-nodigmusic" through shortcuts since I forgot about the launcher.
That ended up in destroying the games audio. I quit the game and launch it through the normal exe, yet it doesn't fix itself.
The rest of my audio is fine and I have the mixer off to the side.
It shows that the game is playing audio but none is coming out.
The audio still works in srb2dd since I haven't touched it.

Video demonstration with Toggle Keys on and playing DSZ1 through Winamp as example audio

Edit: Putting my files into a new folder seems to have fixed it so it may be some sort of registry thing

Last edited by a moderator:
MIDI music volume in the win build affects the entire program's audio volume for some awful reason. It's an issue that really needs fixed but hasn't been.

But the hunger still remains

Something similar has happened to me -- SRB2 has no audio. Setting MIDI music off and back on again did not fix it nor did changing the volume for MIDIs. This happened while I was fiddling with a garbage map I was making and nothing I've done has restored the sound.

I’ve finally found what I was looking for; Here I come

This issue is still affecting me and not even a reinstall of SRB2 would make srb2win.exe start producing sound again, though srb2dd.win works just fine.

What the actual hell??

Something similar happens to me, Whenever I use SDL2, my game just can not play audio; When I use Direct Draw, the game's audio works fine again. These problems that kept arising from SDL2 are the reasons why I never use that version.

You guys have some silly systems
You may want to check if user/environment variable* SDL_AUDIODRIVER is set, for windows programs using SDL 2.0, there 2 valid settings, directsound and winmm.

You test which one works for you by poping a command prompt:
cd /d G:\srb2.22dev
set SDL_AUDIODRIVER=winmm
start "SRB2Dev" /wait srb2win.exe

^see here, I forced SRB2 to use the winmm audio driver, you can also make it forced to use directaudio audio driver if that does better for your system

Note: rechecking http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/704a0bfecf75/include/SDL_config_windows.h#l149

There now a third Window audio driver, xaudio2

There also "disk" and "dummy" audio driver, but you guys are not writing the audio to a file and/or to nowhere, right?

Last edited:
To be honest, I used the SDL2 exe straight out of the box when it first came out, and I've tested it periodically with each release to see if anything got fixed (I dunno how it would be, because nobody's reported anything until I told furyhunter about it and they said they would fix it, and nobody else has said anything about it since then until now). I'll edit after seeing if it works or not.

EDIT: It works now, but Software mode has a strange latency to it, which is fine since I don't use Software anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back