New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonic_cycle_HEREWEGOONCEMORE.png

Unless proven otherwise, any recent, new, or upcoming Sonic games will be sub-par. Better to expect it to suck rather than to be all hyped up and be dissapointed.
Do we really think this'll be any different? I'm willing to bet right now that this game will suck. Hold me to that.

(Clarification: I'm not a pessimistic person. I just know a pattern when I see it.)

Last edited:
I don't see why people want Super Forms back in normal levels. They were ridiculously powerful and removed all difficulty.

For you people questioning Needlemouse, when Sonic was in the development stages they called him "Mr. Needlemouse".

If ANYTHING, this will end up like Megaman 9, becoming downloadable content and whatnot.

And I believe www.needlemouse.com is right on the spot. It's not the real site, but I think it's a good idea if Sega release this on the PC/Mac/Linux, too.

I don't see why people want Super Forms back in normal levels. They were ridiculously powerful and removed all difficulty.
Yeah but they made you feel like you truly accomplished something. Really I wouldn't like to collect 7 chaos emeralds just to learn that I can only use them on the final boss. (Sonic Heroes)

The trailer is using some familiar Sega Genesis sound effects, and the "glowing" logo looks a lot like Sonic 1's emblem logo. So right now, I'm guessing it's a Sonic game heading back to it's original form, however I do hope they will keep the modern-style Sonic. Don't ask why though, I have my reasons.
sonic_cycle_HEREWEGOONCEMORE.png

Do we really think this'll be any different? I'm willing to bet right now that this game will suck. Hold me to that.

(Clarification: I'm not a pessimistic person. I just know a pattern when I see it.)
... Not to be against you but, that have to be the most ridiculous (yet VERY TRUE) reason too say that this game will suck. Let's just wait for some progress, then you all can say if it sucks or not.

http://www.tssznews.com/2009/09/10/first-tssz-needlemouse-com-revealed-to-be-fan-project/ Sega ISNT working on it.
WAIT! I JUST SAW THIS
RECENT EDIT TO THIS POST:
Needlemouse.com said:
You've found our Needlemouse project! Congratulations!
You may think you're looking at a sample of the upcoming Sega game, which according to recent speculation is called Project Needlemouse. What you've stumbled on is actually a fan-created game that we’ve been calling Needlemouse: The Emerald Hills since we began working on it a few months ago.

Last edited:
Well, it's perfectly possible that the website could just be for that fangame that's coincidentally named Needlemouse.

Why do I keep seeing this on EVERY topic about Project Needlemouse on EVERY Forum I go to...

Anyways, I am excited about this, But with the lack of Screenshots/footage or At least some form of Press Release, I am not keeping my hopes up too high.

Yeah but they made you feel like you truly accomplished something. Really I wouldn't like to collect 7 chaos emeralds just to learn that I can only use them on the final boss. (Sonic Adventure and Up)

Fixed.
(FillerFillerFillerFiller)

And watch as this game is miraculously screwed up by it's developers.

I'm not excited. There's probably going to be some stupid twist to it.

[highlight]Picture removed, contained a word in our curse filter. -Admin[/highlight]

Really needed to be said.

Anyway, I'd rather wait for some gameplay footage before I make odds or ends of it. For all we know it could just be Unleashed 2 without the 3D and Werehog sections. Besides, you can't honestly say this is the first time Sega/ST have used the "back to roots" remark - hell, when you consider the fact they said the same thing about, of all games, SONIC '06, it's hard to consider it a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
People aren't being a pessimist about this game. They just simply don't find there to be much hype, probably.
After all, we know nothing about this game, so what's there to be excited about?

I think part of the reason that the "Sonic Cycle" has been true for a while is because, while the "core" audience (as Sega puts it) was expecting a game tailor-made for them, Sega was never actually targeting them in the first place. Since Sega mentioned plans for a game that would appease the "core" gamers, rather than fans of the modern games, there's a chance (read, just a chance) that this time around, the cycle might be broken.

In no way am I saying that things will be different, because it can go either way. I'm just going to remain neutral on the matter. I'm interested in it, and want to see what happens with the game, but I'm not going to place bets on its success/failure with just a little trailer.

That doesn´t make sence.
These are all the quotes or whatever you call it that is from the trailer.
"SPEED RETURNS"
"IN AN ALL NEW 2D ADVENTURE"
"BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP"

It never says anything about the speed of the game going any faster. "SPEED RETURNS" means that Sonic is back.

How more clear I can get? Also learn how to spell better. Thanks :)

Hype and happiness is deserved when seeing a revival of a game that had been on hold for years. Such as MechWarrior.

I still don't see a reason to be hyped for this yet. All it has done is grabbed my attention for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back