Best nodes builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacker

Metallic
While mapping, I noticed a few errors in my map that I couldn't seem to fix no matter what I tried. I figured a new nodes builder would work, so I switched from ZenNode to ZDBSP and some of the errors were fixed, but now the camera is all broken. So, what's the best nodes builder to use?

ZenNode, typically. Are you absolutely sure it isn't due to a problem with your map?

If you have a large outdoor area, you're going to get rendering problems no matter what, it's not due to the nodes, but the maximum number size allowed in 32-bit fixed point math.

Actually, I tried it again on a different map that was having troubles. This time a map that was entirely in-doors, and there was a problem with a FOF there where the flats weren't appearing, and it fixed it, although as I said before, camera issues. This is rather troubling, perhaps I should just stick with ZenNode and try harder to fix them...EDIT: I'm a derp, turns out that problem was caused because I had the sectors overlap another sector. I hadn't noticed this until I decided to mess around in 3D mode, I guess ZenNode wasn't the problem, after all. Although it has trouble with building nodes on some larger maps, but, after some more testing, I found that BSP-W32 works fine for maps on DSZ1-scale (I've been screwing around with official maps lately, mainly DSZ1 for testing water-based things when I'm too lazy to do it in my own maps)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back