Port Forwarding Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone here that can provide an EXACT walkthrough of port forwarding? DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give me any links to the port forwarding website because I already went there. PLEASE, can someone help me? I have a Linksys WRT54G. Thanks.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/default.htm

I realy don't believe that you've read this before and did the correct things that the tutorial and the wiki showed to you. There is no error!

Just adittional informations to this tutorial:

* Type SRB2 in the Application box.
* Type 5029 in start and end boxes.
* The protocol that SRB2 uses is UDP.
* Enter YOUR IP addres in the IP address box.

Or

Read this:

SRB2 Wiki said:
To host a netgame, there are several necessary procedures you must follow. First and foremost, you must have port 5029 UDP open. This website will explain how this works. Once this is done, hosting your game is simple. Just go to the "Multiplayer" option in SRB2, select "Host Server" option, and choose your settings. If you want to advertise your game on the Master Server, choose the "Yes" option on "Advertise on internet". This will allow people to search for your game and join it. If you want the game private, select "No" on the "Advertise on internet" option, and only people who know your IP address and that you are hosting can join. If you need to inform someone of your IP address and you don't know it, this site can help you.

Then, you've done.

Last edited:
I typed Srb2win before. :3 I also clicked both. :3 And I put the static IP in. X3
That page, I seen before many times. DO NOT bother giving links, I checked there inside and out.

Last edited:
The name of the application isn't important at all, if you want, just stay it blank. =P

If you've already forwarded your ports, disable your firewall, anti-virus/spyware, Internet Security, etc,etc,etc.... they can block you ports and prevent you to host.
Anyway, to see your IP, just go to start, then click on run,then, type cmd and click OK.Then, type ipconfig and see your IP address, this is the IP that you have to put into the IP Address box.

Last edited:
If you've already forwarded your ports, disable your firewall, anti-virus/spyware, Internet Security, etc,etc,etc.... they can block you ports and prevent you to host.
Anyway, to see your IP, just go to start, then click on run,then, type cmd and click OK.Then, type ipconfig and see your IP address, this is the IP that you have to put into the IP Address box.

I also know that. -_-

But I didn't know that you know that. =P
And also, you have all the information here, even if you ask to someone, he'll explain exactly the same thing that the tutorial and me explained to you , perhaps a little more brief. In other words, if you can't host, you have nothing more to do.

EDIT: I forgot one thing, here,in my router, I've to put my IP address in the DMZ(Demilitarized Zone) host:

imagemkz.png

Try to find something like this in your router configuration and enter your IP address there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back