MD2 Model Texture issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a md2.dat issue I can tell you that for sure.
Things to try:
Changing resolutions
Changing texturefilter ("gr_filtermode 0")
Change bit rate (I reccomend below 24)

i found the issue to your problem and this is what i did to fix mine.
Just change sonic.png's size to 1024 * 1024 instead of 500 * 500. tails and knuckles use 1024 * 1024 as well. it should then work fine.

Just change sonic.png's size to 1024 * 1024 instead of 500 * 500. tails and knuckles use 1024 * 1024 as well. it should then work fine.

I don't think the size of the png has anything to do with it work in in game, I mean, I have made md2s with random sizes of png files and they all work fine.

Model textures not being a "power of 2" cause issues for some computers/renders.

I don't think the size of the png has anything to do with it work in in game, I mean, I have made md2s with random sizes of png files and they all work fine.

i didnt think so either but the moment i changed it, it worked. my method of fixing things is changing 1 thing and checking what it did.

You know, I just might try this, only if i knew how to do that...

Really? Oh, in 2.0 it would crash saying there is no png present. Either way, since the game in Doun's case isn't sshowing the sprites as the texture, but showing white instead, shows something.

I don't know what you mean, even in 2.0 it worked without a crash for me. I think in 1.09 it didn't work so people made the shields have their own texture and then had them flash so that they weren't just balls surrounding the player.

I don't know what you mean, even in 2.0 it worked without a crash for me. I think in 1.09 it didn't work so people made the shields have their own texture and then had them flash so that they weren't just balls surrounding the player.

Well for me the game would crash if I turn on gr_md2 while a skin doesn't have a png along with an error message saying something about a missing png file, and this problem only occurs when there is a model in the md2 folder, and md2 dat that does not have a png file.

Unfortunately, I've tried with Virt's CastleBotFaceStabber md2, it didn't work so far...
Model textures not being a "power of 2" cause issues for some computers/renders.
That IS an issue with my computer, so maybe the modelers should watch their png sizes...
Open a photo editing program...resize..Done!
Maybe using Paint was a bad idea to resize my pngs, so i'll find another one

Last edited:
Paint can resize just as well as any other photo editing program..well, not just as well, but it can do it.

Misfit is also a bad idea to resize pngs, because otherwise, you could get, ATTACK OF THE BLUEPRINTED MODELS

EDIT: Example 1:
15wyrvc.jpg

EDIT2: Example 2:
28l41o5.png

Last edited:
Umm, misfit can't resize images from my knowledge. I did say photo editing program didn't I? Not model/UV mapping program :P.

I found the Solution. For any users with white models, here's what you need to do:
1: Download Paint.NET
2: After Getting Paint.NET, find the PNG of the model that is white
3: Select the Image Button
4: Select Resize
5: Uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio"
6: Set both of the pixels to the size: 1024 (Ex: 1024 width pixels and 1024 height pixels)
7: Save the image
8: Test in the game

And now that the issue has been resolved, I'd like this topic to be locked as it is.
Thanks to MotdSpork for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back