Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
nEaqR.jpg

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

To all the people who were expecting Gray, Nintendo is trolling you.

Also, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
SO called Gray not coming. Didn't expect two different versions again, or even a straightforward sequel, but still.

All that's known so far is:

A: Yes they're seriously pulling two different versions AGAIN.

B: Kyurem gets forms based off the other two legendary, and has an exclusive move for each.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, what happened to Reshiram and Zekrom?

It's like they got infected by Kyurem's genes and transmuted.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It is unexpected that they are making a version 2 of Black & White and it seems like that it is suppose to be a direct sequel too. I do wonder how long were they working on this game for them to announce both the English version (which is still listed as TBD) and Japanese version (which is suppose to come out June 2012) It was expected that Kyurem was going to receive a new form because of what was stated in the story, but not many people saw two forms being announced like this, especially if they do not know about the two moves that are based off of the respective legendaries.

Who knows? Making a direct sequel probably may have been better than doing the regular ole' routine by having a third version of the same game with some changes and added content. Just have to see if this would have been better than coming out with a Pokemon Grey version. Can't wait to see more info.

Last edited:
Here's a question.

Why DS? You'd think you should promote your new console, the 3DS, as heavily as possible at this point.

Yes they should, it looks like they dont care what happens with 3DS. Well anyway I dont mind because I have only DS.

Pro: It's not grey, therefore it's not Crystal, Emerald or Platinum, therefore it's not Super Pokemon Black&White Hyper Edition 2012 with battle frontier and slightly changed story being the only new features.

Con: Y U NO 3DS! Should have at least taken my idea of putting one on DS and one on 3DS like they did with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue being on GBA and DS

Welp, nothing here worth waiting for in this world anymore. *takes jetpack and leaves planet*
Seriously, NINTENDO, Y U NO UNDERSTAND?! If they'd make a new Pokemon/Zelda game SPECIFICLY for the 3DS, the huge fanbases would buy the console just for those games.
I hate everything...

lol, Okay. You got me Nintendo. B&W2? Haha.

That being said, a direct sequel seems interesting. I never bothered with the first B/W though, so I doubt I may try this one. Also funny that it's not on 3DS.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Gray eventually comes. I could imagine a release combining both B&W and B&W2 for a "Master" edition on 3DS.

I think Nintendo is assuming that more people own an ordinary DS than a 3DS. After last years sales because of the high price of the 3DS, it would make sense that the game would be for the DS. I mean I still don't own a 3DS. This makes it so much easier for me to get one of the games than trying to buy a version of the game for the 3DS.

Seriously, I'm surprised nobody else than me and verifiaman thought these new legendary pokemons were extremely disgusting.

Who said verifiaman thought they were disgusting?

And besides, it has been speculated that Kyurem is supposely the remains of the original dragon Pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom were (right?), so it can't be that bad, can it?

I kind of agree with the dislike of the new legendaries. I don't think they're ugly though. Rather,I feel like the new Pokemon are becoming a little too complex in terms of design. The original 151 were quite simple when you look at them, and most of them were easily identifiable as some sort of animal or object. Gold and Silver weren't too bad either. But when I look at many of the newer Pokemon, for example, those two legendaries, I feel like the new Pokemon have lost some direction in terms of art style, character, and overall quality.

I kind of agree with the dislike of the new legendaries. I don't think they're ugly though. Rather,I feel like the new Pokemon are becoming a little too complex in terms of design. The original 151 were quite simple when you look at them, and most of them were easily identifiable as some sort of animal or object. Gold and Silver weren't too bad either. But when I look at many of the newer Pokemon, for example, those two legendaries, I feel like the new Pokemon have lost some direction in terms of art style, character, and overall quality.

I agree with you here. I mean I loved the older Pokemon. I could see a picture of one and I'd easily be able to identify it. As the years passed, though, I too felt like they were becoming a bit too complicated in design. Although I wouldn't say I have totally lost interest in them and the games, I do feel like I might if they keep going that direction.

Here's a question.

Why DS? You'd think you should promote your new console, the 3DS, as heavily as possible at this point.
I've been hearing the whole "Nintendo is in control of where the Pokemon franchise goes."
Apparently, Nintendo is not in full control of the pokemon franchise.
I agree with you here. I mean I loved the older Pokemon. I could see a picture of one and I'd easily be able to identify it. As the years passed, though, I too felt like they were becoming a bit too complicated in design. Although I wouldn't say I have totally lost interest in them and the games, I do feel like I might if they keep going that direction.
I remember an image that compared Pokemon from older gens to new gens, often lumping the two with similarities. The image ended with "Yup, you're blinded with nostalgia" but I can't find it anymore.

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but it did give out some nice examples.

I think Nintendo is assuming that more people own an ordinary DS than a 3DS. After last years sales because of the high price of the 3DS, it would make sense that the game would be for the DS. I mean I still don't own a 3DS. This makes it so much easier for me to get one of the games than trying to buy a version of the game for the 3DS.
There's a lot of unsound logic in this post.

Sure, more people own the former console than the new one, but that's not really a great argument to use, since at some point you need to cut it loose to promote its successor. Likewise, if you want to boost sales of the successor, releasing hit content for it is pretty much the best way to do so.

Also, the 3DS isn't priced all that high anymore (the same price as the DSi launch price, in fact, and only $20 more than the original DS launch price), and its sales are actually way up from the one-two-three punch of Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Monster Hunter Tri-G (the last mattering more to Japan than the West, admittedly). So you can't really argue that "nobody is buying the 3DS" is a legitimate reason here, either; if people were willing to pony up the money for a DS variant to play Pokemon before, they'd be willing to pony up the money for a 3DS to play a 3DS-exclusive Pokemon, too.

I'm sure people these days just want to save some cash. After that small economic scare we had a few years back, I'm sure people are paying more attention to how much they are spending and on what. I do remember the time when I asked my parents to buy me the DS to play the new Pokemon Diamond a while back. I remember dumping my Gameboy in a box and not seeing it since then with most of my Gameboy games along with it. These days though I can't even ask for a 20 dollar game because they are more willing to save their money then go off and buy some new handheld console for me to play this new game for it. We worry more about my high school tuition now too.

Now I am aware this doesn't apply to everyone in the country. I'm sure some wouldn't find it a problem to buy a new console and a game for it. Others, though, are more doubtful or alert. Perhaps the company making the game thought of this and it could have been a reason why the games aren't for the 3DS. Who knows? I am aware that the economy has been getting better these past few years, but people still have their doubts.

We must also keep in mind that Nintendo has sold about 150 million units for the DS and for the 3DS about 3 million. Now where would they get more money, from making the games for the DS or the 3DS? This is another pretty important factor.

The 3DS actually sold 15 million units.

And to refer to my original post where I said Nintendo isn't in charge of where Pokemon goes.
But of course, Nintendo may have the Pokémon brand all tied up, but the series doesn't belong to them exclusively. Black and White 2 are being developed by Game Freak, and the franchise beyond the core games is managed by The Pokémon Company. Both companies are independent entities. Their mission is to make a lot of money by selling Pokémon games and goods, and they don't necessarily care about Nintendo's hardware business so long as they're raking in dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back