My 'S' key is acting very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Thiss stsarted happening yesterday, and it'ss really annoying. (As you can sese, I've left in the typos caussed by this problem to emphasize how much it is impacting me.)

Sometimes, when I type the letter "s", it creates two of them instead of one. Ssometimes it also adds another "s" after the letter that follows the "s", too, "sandwiching" the letter between two S's, in a sesnse.

Take a look at thiss post. It's riddled with errors caused by thiss stsupid problematic key. I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard or done anything stupid like that, so I'm stsumped as to why this is happening. Can anyone offer any insight as to what might be causing thiss keyboard malfunction?

The only thing I can think of is that your keyboard batteries are very low.

If you're not using a wireless keyboard, then maybe the cord's getting old?

I almost never take it off my desk. It spends about 99% of its time there, and nothing has changed recently.

I'm the only one who uses it. It's my computer.

I'm prepared to resign myself to the fact that I'm going to have to live with this. Actually, I'll only be using this computer for another month anyway. The college I'm going to be attending, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, has a partnership with Dell that'll get me a sweet discount on a new laptop. In fact, it's so advanced that it isn't even in stores yet...my class will be among the first people ever to get them. It's just that I would rather not deal with this issue for a month if I can avoid it.

Another thing: the key has now become hypersensitive. Sometimes it types when I just tap the key and don't apply any pressure.

Some people get all the luck, only your S key is screwed up but my whole keyboard is dead, I have to use an on-screen keyboard to type now... Atleast I can type now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back