JTE's Supervirus and WADs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound stupid but, would the Supervirus still trigger when you've added WADs? I just need to know as I am currently making a character which includes graphic and sound replacements for JTE's Supervirus to make it into something else.

It won't. Adding WADs or modifying the game in anyway what so ever will delete the supervirus from the game until you start the game over without WADs added. For the supervirus to come, the entier playtime you need is 16 mins. That means the supervirus will come everytime your play time saves 16 mins.

Sonic260 has failed at explaining how the Supervirus works. It takes your total playtime, divides by 16, and if it has no remainder, you get the supervirus.

However, as for the original question, I have no idea, and I can't be bothered to look in the source code.

So, does this only affect one trigger (the GFZ3 boss one) or does this affect both triggers (the one mentioned before and the intro trigger)? If only the intro trigger works whether WADs are added or not, then that's fine by me.

The trigger will always happen; JTE is programmed to have the SuperVirus anyway. The coding pulls the trigger, whether or not anything is added.

Karuno said:
The trigger will always happen; JTE is programmed to have the SuperVirus anyway. The coding pulls the trigger, whether or not anything is added.
To me happens sometimes in Single player but always in Time Attack.
Or...are you talking about the thing when JTE's avatar comes and says:''Beware the power of the supervirus!!!''?

Karuno said:
I think it goes the same for any version of JTE.

That will only affect Supervirus 2, which is new in this version.

The original Supervirus was a mode triggered by a console command, that required you to hit players to extend the time before you Game Overed. A hit player will Game Over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back