• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Salt's Smelly Warehouse of Silly Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
MeanVioletArieltoucan.gif
ChiefMajesticAfricanfisheagle.gif

zYskB25.png
bhTXk9T.png
HWSR7lZ.png

5Eug3qa.png
QLqlYmj.png
VbcVnEn.gif

Replacement for the ERZBG2 texture/flat:
tWHjlu6.png
VS.
ERZBG2.png

Some kind of rock/diamond block (not done; isn't even close to how I want it to look):
GsUBzhy.png

Last edited:
The diamonds block looks pretty interesting so far, And I prefer the first ERZ flat you made.

Q5RRxGc.png

Which do you prefer? (From left to right, 1, 2, 3 and 4)

Last edited:
I prefer number 2 and number 4 but if you made an asset pack wad featuring all of your textures, I would include all four of them.

You could make that texture an animated one, make it cycle between all of them, making it seem that the lights turn in and off

if you made an asset pack wad featuring all of your textures, I would include all four of them.

I may do one in the future (and if i did they all would make it in, no questions), but this texture is meant for replacing that ugly SRB2xmas/old THZ texture that somehow made it into ERZ and is so unappealing that you can't really use it anywhere. I hope I can get this to replace those because anything would be an improvement, but I'm not a developer so I can't say I'll be able to.

EDIT:

You could make that texture an animated one, make it cycle between all of them, making it seem that the lights turn in and off

Can't do that, because I'm aiming to make it a simple replacement. I have a gif of a changing light somewhere though...

EDIT2:

HTYLbg9.png

Dark metal version; meant to replace the darker variant of the other texture.

Last edited:
I think the dark version should be a little bit darker to more closely match the original texture. It still looks good, though.

Which do you prefer? (From left to right, 1, 2, 3 and 4)

It would actually be really helpful picking out which texture seems to fit the best if you took a screenie of an area that uses the old ERZ texture and show off all four textures in that area.

I think #4 of the dark variant fits the role of a replacement the best, but should probably match the original colour scheme a little bit more. Maybe lower the contrast even more?

[12:39:53] Rob: Also, what's that background on that tumblr and why doesn't srb2 have a copy

okay didnt think it was that good but whatever

906rhBk.png

Left is the one Rob's talking about, right is the original

EDIT:
Hmmm, maybe more shininess should make a more metallic effect.

I'm trying to stay at least somewhat close to the original crawla sprites (also i did that at 2am so don't expect anymore)

Last edited:
Sonic100000 said:
I'm trying to stay at least somewhat close to the original crawla sprites (also i did that at 2am so don't expect anymore)

The sprites were made waaaayyy back on the early days of Srb2 demos, in my point of vision the crawlas seemed like they were wearing a plastic armor, maybe a new style of armor, more like metallic, would make the enemies look better. But that's just a request that can be accepted or denied, I still like your sprite style and wish ya luck with the next ones.

The sprites were made waaaayyy back on the early days of Srb2 demos

I hope you don't mean the current sprites for the crawlas in unmodified SRB2, those have only been around since Version 2.0! On the other hand, the ones from 1.09.4 and previous do indeed date back to Demo 1 and possibly even late SRB2 Christmas. There were even earlier crawla sprites... but those are even uglier, just take my word for it. =P

Will they come out as variety of colours like normal Legos are? Also that giant Crawla would be good for a GFZ miniboss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back