Texas invents time machine and changes the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is payback for all of those "redneck" comments...<shot>

On a more serious note, this is...strange, to say the least. I'm not the most political person out there, but I don't think I have to be to know that they are trying to turn what is actually very well written history books into conservative BS...I mean, denying "Separation of Church and State"? What?! And that carp about emphasizing Christianity's role in the government...

"Durr, this country is the way it is because GOD intended it to be!"

Please. Absolutely outrageous.

Disclaimer: No ill will is intended toward anyone who may support this carp.

That's nothing. What really peeves me is their take on McCarthyism, a principle that essentially revolves around making baseless accusations and persecuting "unpatriotic" persons. I don't even understand how anyone could possibly put a positive spin on something like that.

That's nothing. What really peeves me is their take on McCarthyism, a principle that essentially revolves around making baseless accusations and persecuting "unpatriotic" persons. I don't even understand how anyone could possibly put a positive spin on something like that.

What are you, some kinda Commie?

Anybody else getting a 1984 vibe from this? Whoever controls the past, controls the future.
I wonder if it's a required reading in that state like it was in my school. ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~

I'm just mad about all of this. I've actually seen some of the new text, comparing it to the old text, and it's blatant indoctrination. For example, they change "Nixon's role in..." to "Nixon's leadership in...". They reword study questions so that instead of explaining your opinion on Ronald Reagan, you have to explain why Ronald Reagan was so great. They do all sorts of other things that change the text to a conservative bias. It's not just changes to passages that had a liberal bias before...plenty of neutral passages have also been converted into right-wing propaganda.

BTW, shout-out to FoxBlitzz for that comment on McCarthyism. It's exactly how I feel about it too.

I'm just mad about all of this. I've actually seen some of the new text, comparing it to the old text, and it's blatant indoctrination. For example, they change "Nixon's role in..." to "Nixon's leadership in...". They reword study questions so that instead of explaining your opinion on Ronald Reagan, you have to explain why Ronald Reagan was so great. They do all sorts of other things that change the text to a conservative bias. It's not just changes to passages that had a liberal bias before...plenty of neutral passages have also been converted into right-wing propaganda.
Out of curiosity, source? I kinda want to see this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back