Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly would be cool to hear the compositions in high quality. Though I dunno if Kickstarter would be a good route considering how it's a soundtrack to a Sonic fangame.

Certainly would be cool to hear the compositions in high quality. Though I dunno if Kickstarter would be a good route considering how it's a soundtrack to a Sonic fangame.

But they are original compositions, so there shouldn't be a problem. Just couldn't use Sonic or SEGA related material in the kickstarter.

Version 2.1.12 Patch

Posted by Mystic on 11-12-2014 12:21 AM.

It’s been a while since our last patch, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy. The primary change in this patch is that the game is now running under the SDL2 audio and video libraries. This means that people on modern operating systems, especially Windows 8 and 8.1, should get far better framerate.

The changes in the patch are as follows:

• srb2win.exe is now running under SDL2. Should you have problems with the new version, srb2dd.exe uses the old behavior, but please report any issues you may have so we can fix them for later versions.
  • Improved polyobject rendering and physics. Polyobjects can now render flats, and players will experience proper preservation of momentum when jumping onto or off of one.
  • Because of the above fix, conveyor belts no longer make players rocket forward when spinning. RIP best bug ever. You will be missed. ;_;
  • NiGHTS Attack now has support for replays and ghosts like Record Attack.
  • Several rings embedded in the ceiling have been fixed.
  • FOFs, polyobjects and the replay in ERZ3 properly synchronize in netgames.
  • Analog mode works in netgames.
  • Sky walls no longer draw objects located behind them in OpenGL mode.
  • Portals are now properly functional, but only in software mode.
  • Added a couple new linedef types.
  • Fixed crash involving Lua scripts performing modulo by 0.
  • FOF side textures with holes no longer bug out in the software renderer.
  • Lua’s HUD library supports patch colormapping.
  • Tons of little bugfixes we’ve since forgotten.

View on SRB2.org

InfamousPastelFlatcoatretriever.gif

Note: If you downloaded the patch within the first hour or so and are having problems playing back music, please redownload the patch. We accidentally forgot a necessary dll file.

In case it wasn't obvious, we made a little mistake. The person responsible has been glared at and we're working on fixing it.

I updated and now I can't use my mouse, as in, before I was able to see the mouse pointer and move it wherever I wanted and it wouldn't affect the game at all, now moving the mouse changes the option selected in the menu and changes the character's direction (only horizontally though). I've already went through the options and disabled everything mouse-related ("Use Mouse", "Always Mouselook", "Mouse Move" and "Invert Mouse" are all off). so wtf dude

Also, alt-tabbing pauses the game, which is OK, but it doesn't automatically unpause when the game is in focus again unlike previous versions.

I updated and now I can't use my mouse, as in, before I was able to see the mouse pointer and move it wherever I wanted and it wouldn't affect the game at all, now moving the mouse changes the option selected in the menu and changes the character's direction.

This is normal for me from previous versions. Maybe the mouse functions are different for each operative system and computer drivers.

Improved polyobject rendering and physics. Polyobjects can now render flats, and players will experience proper preservation of momentum when jumping onto or off of one.
Woah. That's something I can legitimately say I wasn't expecting. Congratulations, SRB2! You finally have horizontally moving platforms! (It only took 16 years.)

srb2win.exe is now running under SDL2. Should you have problems with the new version, srb2dd.exe uses the old behavior, but please report any issues you may have so we can fix them for later versions.
As someone who uses Windows 8, this is by far the biggest improvement. I didn't have much lag before, but that's only because I had to play using an incredibly low resolution. This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to play this game in "HD", and I'd forgotten how beautiful this game can be. I have no idea how I put up with that pixelated mess for so long...

NiGHTS Attack now has support for replays and ghosts like Record Attack.
And this is awesome too. Hopefully we'll now finally see some real score competition for the special stages. I've been looking forward to that since the original 2.1 release.

Fantastic update, guys! Thank you!

Woah. That's something I can legitimately say I wasn't expecting. Congratulations, SRB2! You finally have horizontally moving platforms! (It only took 16 years.)

This was totally expected for who was tuned up into the Red's madness experiments, and it was less of a year, I guess.

As someone who uses Windows 8, this is by far the biggest improvement. I didn't have much lag before, but that's only because I had to play using an incredibly low resolution. This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to play this game in "HD", and I'd forgotten how beautiful this game can be. I have no idea how I put up with that pixelated mess for so long...

Same here mate, we can be happy now.

Maybe the next major version could do with a "system" subfolder or something. The DTA and DLL files are getting a bit crazy.

/libraries/ and /resources/, I'd say
you can move the data files into a sub-folder right now, and SRB2 should find them.
Setting up srb2 to look for support dll files outside of ".;%PATH%" is going to be tricky... We will need to delay loading the dll files till we can setup the search path.

Is the new SDL2 launcher (srb2win.exe) supposed to be for newer operating systems only? I play SRB2 on Windows XP and the new launcher crashed immediately upon opening. Thank you for keeping the old launcher (srb2dd.exe) as an option, because that still works for me. Also...

mROq39g.gif

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Pfew,using Screen Resolution 1366x768 is banned ?
It works fine with "OpenGL" mode but doesn't allow me to take screenshots "Saves black/white Screenshots" and for Software mode the screen looks Separated .

Is there a list of the new linedefs? I've found 4 so far, but knowing me, I probably overlooked one.
Also, I hope Records.srb2 will be updated soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back