[Open Assets] Checkered Zig Zags, a graphics replacement! (CheckeredZigZags.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
well, thecrowbar got that wrong! he needs to make a number 7 patch

Hmmm, new patch just for the number seven? Now, that seems like a chance you only get in a millio- Yeah screw that.
It's updated, now! But still v1.3 because I wasn't supposed to be so incompententandohmygodthatwassodumbofmeplskillme.

I know i'm being picky here but i find it quite annoying that everything is in separate files, couldn't you just put all the files in one zip?

That was the issue, though. I'd have to make separate files with all possible combinations. So I decided to make tiny filesized wads with just the optional stuff. Otherwise, it would be annoying to whoever just wanted to download the regular wad, without the optional stuff.
I can understand why it would be inconvenient, but why not use the SRB2 launcher? It'll probably make things a lot easier.

EDIT: ALSO, the thing about the title screen sky? Yeah, you're supposed to use the recommended resolutions. Trying windowed mode should help.

Last edited:
That was the issue, though. I'd have to make separate files with all possible combinations. So I decided to make tiny filesized wads with just the optional stuff. Otherwise, it would be annoying to whoever just wanted to download the regular wad, without the optional stuff.
I can understand why it would be inconvenient, but why not use the SRB2 launcher? It'll probably make things a lot easier.

Its not a big deal but that makes sense and yes i do use Srb2 Launcher. I just dont like to have tons of wads on. Thankfully the sizes aren't that big

Hmmm, new patch just for the number seven? Now, that seems like a chance you only get in a millio- Yeah screw that.
It's updated, now! But still v1.3 because I wasn't supposed to be so incompententandohmygodthatwassodumbofmeplskillme.

Nevermind the title screen sky! Just replace the "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 8 9" with "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" on the HUD Numbers to make it more numerically accurate! That keeps bothering me and makes me no longer use your wad!

Nevermind the title screen sky! Just replace the "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 8 9" with "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" on the HUD Numbers to make it more numerically accurate! That keeps bothering me and makes me no longer use your wad!

You sure did a good job on quoting my post but... How about you read the entire thing? Or y'know... At least the part in the beginning that says "It's updated, now!"?

Last edited:
New update's here! It adds some small things and fix some small things as well!

How's this wad doing? It's been a while.

Yeah it has been a while, huh? I don't really have an excuse other than lack of interest... Sorry!

It seemed like the wad was complete and there wasn't much of the original graphics that really made me want to edit them in some way (Which is kind of surprising since I might have literally just changed 3 pixels in one of DSZ's graphics for dripping water >_>)
...But if there IS something that anyone wanted to see edited in CZZ's "style" (If you could even call it that) I am, still, open for suggestions!

I know this may be an offtopic question and just making sure about this question.

Graphic Wads are recommended for a server to download and play with, right?

Last edited:
They are a required download. It affects the graphics in the game, which have changed, similar to Carlos' JettySyn remake.

Version 1.5 released!

I looked back at some of the graphics I edited, and it made me realize that a couple of them were a little bit TOO similar to SRB2's or even somewhat of an eyesore. This update is meant to fix that! ...To some extent!

There is a list of all the edits in the changelog.

EDIT: Crap! I forgot to fix BSZ's tulips' red/purple colors! They were like that for a long time now, weren't they... So, minor update on that.
I also changed the Ring Emblems to something that makes more sense and added the CTF Flags' HUD icons!

Last edited:
So I've gotta ask, is it okay if I use some of your graphics for my levelpack? I've been looking around for some graphics to help differentiate from vanilla, and some of yours pretty much fit the bill. You'll be in the credits when it finishes too! someday...

So I've gotta ask, is it okay if I use some of your graphics for my levelpack? I've been looking around for some graphics to help differentiate from vanilla, and some of yours pretty much fit the bill. You'll be in the credits when it finishes too! someday...

Yes! That's perfectly fine by me. I did mark it as Reusable Content for a reason, after all!

Apologies for the delayed reply, as well.

That title card can get very obnoxious, because it takes up a large portion of the screen as well as starts the timer right away and gives you immediate control. While I appreciate you taking a classic approach, it starts the timer and gives control AFTER the intro title card goes away, which is why it was generally not an annoyance as it is now.

Using this with race makes the countdown numbers not show up. I opened the wad and found that the Y offset for those textures is -180. This mod's been out for a while so updating it might be impractical, but if you ever do for some reason, please fix this! :)

That's because (unfortunately) this kind of mod still triggers cheat protection on being added, despite the fact it's a HUD mod. You'll have to avoid adding it if you want to save the game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back