Crash: Mind Over Mutant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say this once.

The first 3 Crash Bandicoot games will remain the best in my eyes.

I only have Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3, I have played The Wrath of Cortex, but it's not nearly as good as the first 3, haven't played Twinsanity, so I don't know what to say about it.

Crash: Mind over Mutant, borrowed it from a friend. Didn't play it very long. Never touched it since then.

I have this game. It's not as good as classic crash from the playstation era, but it's still an enjoyable game. Disturbing at times, but enjoyable the rest of the time.

Being honest, I think the Crash series hit a decline after Twinsanity.
Are you joking? Crash Bandicoot went into decline after The Wrath of Cortex. No game after that really made an attempt to truly capture the atmosphere that made the original games epic, with the possible exception of the first two GBA titles, and even they were hampered greatly by their platform's lack of capabilities.

As a matter of fact, even The Wrath of Cortex sacrificed some of the original Crash feeling, but I can forgive that in light of its superior graphics and other advancements.

Last edited:
I like the series, I enjoyed the 3rd game a good amount. I have played Crash of the Titans, it was just "Meh" to me, It did show me that Crash is somehow still alive in the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Mind Over Mutant was OK. At the end it felt like the devs wanted to bitch slap you for playing the game, by making it so ridiculously hard at the end you'll follow a strategy you didn't want to do: Beat up a mutant, switch to it, continue until you kill everything because if you don't your mutant will die, and then you have a problem as Crash vs 4 mutants=not good.

Good idea, poorly executed.

Are you joking? Crash Bandicoot went into decline after The Wrath of Cortex. No game after that really made an attempt to truly capture the atmosphere that made the original games epic

I'm the only one who thinks that they might go for another "Returning to the roots" thing? Rayman did it, so chances are Crash Bandicoot is likely, maybe not this year, but eventually a "Crash Bandicoot 4" will come around...

Mind Over Mutant was OK. At the end it felt like the devs wanted to bitch slap you for playing the game, by making it so ridiculously hard at the end you'll follow a strategy you didn't want to do...

Are you kidding? The final boss was a cakewalk for me, and I suck at that game.

I'm the only one who thinks that they might go for another "Returning to the roots" thing? Rayman did it, so chances are Crash Bandicoot is likely, maybe not this year, but eventually a "Crash Bandicoot 4" will come around...
Possibly, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Crash Bandicoot's career track has thus far been a lot more like Spyro's than Rayman's. And anyone who says that The Legend Of Spyro was a legitimate bid to return Spyro to his roots is completely deluding themselves. The dragon in that game was more like the anti-Spyro...he's the opposite of everything the feisty little fireball was meant to be.

I will say that Crash's luck has so far been better than Spyro's, who is at best dead to his original fans and at worst will never have another game again. But there's no getting around the fact that the new Crash games are still a profanation of all that he once was. God knows I'd love to see him return to his roots, but I've pretty much abandoned hope that it'll happen, and that if it does happen, it'll be any better than Spyro's attempt.

Personally disliked the fact they changed the character designs.
The orignal looks for the characters were fine the way the they were, but as far as the characters that had signifingant changes, they looked horrendous in my opinion.

As far as gameplay, Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant focused too much on being mostly beat-em up that has you depend on mutants to make it through parts with the okay platforming as opposed to having great, fun levels that were challenging to beat and had something to make them unique.

Collecting gems, relics, and crystals gave you a sense of accoomplishment, whether you just simply beat the level, break all the boxes, or sped through the levels. The bosses put up some sort of fight all the time, the bosses in Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutants are complete jokes.

If they make a Crash game that goes back to the roots of the series, they still need to be able to add what made Crash games fun and what will make the new game fun.

The first three were absolutely fantastic. I liked the first game the best, though. The graphics were the worst, but it was the most detailed. The backgrounds were so vibrant and beautiful that I just wanted to jump into them. And the whole ruin/tiki thing really added to the experience.

I go with Ice. The first 3 are just awesome. I like the first and second ones the best. I loved trying to find secret paths in the first and second ones.

I own crash 1 2 and 3 the team racing one and crash bash. My favorite is probably 3, and my least favorite is probably bash because its okay, but but not "crash" okay. I want to get the wrath of cortex on ps2. It played good on the gamecube, adn I have played Twinsanity on a ps2 demo. Bothe games look and play fun. I did see some mind over mutant cutscenes, and the game is okay. I liked how they casted Aku Aku was voiced by Greg Eagles though. Great voice actor for a great guy if you ask me.

Of all the Crash games I played I would say that Twinsanity was the easiest. I finished the game the same day I got it. They should've added some more levels to it though and some more extras.

I'd say it was more like: 1 < 2 < 3 > 4. I agree that the first game had awesome levels, but the saving system was just so awful that I ended up having issues with the game as a whole. 2 and 3 were the best, but I have to say that 3 was slightly better, because I just loved the variation in environments that came with traveling through time. The future levels were freaking epic. Also, it was cool to be able to travel back to the Age of Dinosaurs and even further back to the Devonian Period (which is what I believe the underwater levels take place during). 4 was almost as good but lacked some of the feel of the originals. I still like the game, but it represented the beginning of Crash's slide.

Also, Daywalker, I can't agree with you more, it's outrageous the way they changed the character designs. The whole point of Crash was to create a simple character capable of expressing exaggerated emotion, and he did it very well. But then these idiots come along and add more details to his body, each of which detracts from his emotion and makes him look unbelievably creepy. The original Crash was cute. I want to send the new Crash through a wood chipper so I don't have to look at him anymore. Aku Aku's fate was even worse. Why the hell did they mess with his body? It was perfectly fine the way it was. And what is with Neo Cortex now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back